Some Other Methods To Solve operation failed with error 0x000011b
Way-1: Uninstall KB5005565
The simplest method to repair this printer error is to uninstall the cumulative update from your computer. you’ll follow these ways to uninstall the patch – from Settings and use the prompt on your PC. Let’s dive into it-
1. Using Settings
- Press Windows+I keys on your computer.
- Click on Windows Update from the left pane of the Settings app.
- Go to the proper and choose Update history.
- From the subsequent page, click on Uninstall updates.
- Installed Updates Window will prompt up from the instrument panel.
- Right-click on KB5005565 and choose “Uninstall”.
- Click Yes on the confirmation prompt.
- Give a little time and after the uninstallation and reboot your PC.
- Check if 0x0000011b still appears when printing.
b] Via command prompt
- Click the Search icon from the taskbar.
- Type cmd.exe.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Select the Yes option when a UAC dialog shows up.
- This will open the Command prompt as administrator.
- Type the command – wusa /uninstall /kb:5005565.
- Hit Enter and click Yes if you are asked for the removal.
Way-2: Set the static IP address for the printer
Another solution to the 0x0000011b error code that appears after installing KB5005565 on Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 is manually setting the IP address of the printer. Several people complain that the Network printer isn’t working during this case and configuring the IP manually has worked for several. So follow –
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Next, click on Devices from the app.
- Select – Printers & scanners.
- Move to the right pane and click on +Add a printer or scanner.
- After scanning for a while the Settings page will show a link – The printer I want isn’t listed.
- Now, click this link.
- ‘Add a printer’ window will appear.
- Check the option – Add a printer using a TCP/IP or hostname.
- You need to click – Next.
- On the coming wizard, type the Hostname or IP address of the printer and click “Next”.
- The system will contact the printer and show its name.
- If you want you can change the name. Again click on Next.
- In case, other people use this device check the option saying – Share this printer so that others on your network can find and use it.
- Otherwise, select – Do not share this printer and click Next.
- Now, you can check your device by clicking the Print a test page.
- Click – Finish.
In case you have any problem finding the IP address of the printer then –
- Go to Control panel > Devices and printers (in small or large icons view).
- Right-click on the printer and select Properties.
- A pop-up will open go to the Location field.
- This will have the IP address inside.
Additional workarounds –
However, the above 2 ways are the main solutions to the printer error 0x0000011b that occurred due to KB5005565 cumulative update in Windows 10 19044.1237, 19043.1237, 19042.1237, and 19041.123 but you can give a try to a few more fixes. Let’s see ahead –
Way-3: Run the Printer troubleshooter
The printer troubleshooter is a built-in fix it tool to detect and repair printing problems on Windows 10. Until Microsoft officially confirms this bug you should give a try to this troubleshooting tool –
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to the right pane of the app and move down.
- Click – Troubleshooter.
- Select – “Other troubleshooters”.
- Next, click Run in the Printer section.
- The tool will start detecting problems by checking the spooler service and repairing them accordingly.
Way-4: Check Print Spooler service
This service handles the printing operations in Windows and when it is stopped or not correctly configured the print jobs can not be performed. Therefore, it is relevant to check the status of the Spooler service. Although this article might also help- How to Disable/Enable Print Spooling Service Windows 10, see the instructions below –
- Press – Win+R.
- Type – Service. msc.
- On the Services window, go to Print Spooler.
- If it is showing “Running” and “Automatic” in the Status and Startup type columns then it is perfect.
- Otherwise, double click on Print Spooler.
- On the pop-up that appears, click the drop-down for Startup type and select Automatic.
- Click on Start under Service status.
Way-5: Make sure that the system has installed the latest printer driver
Microsoft has come up responding about the possible malfunctions for network printers and print servers caused by the newest cumulative update and suggested having the foremost recent driver version installed. the corporate says – Use an equivalent version of the print driver on the print client and therefore the print server. This issue is going to be solved externally by managing the print drivers in your environment. Still, if the difficulty persists then contact the OEM support means manufacturer’s support.
- Right-click on – Start from the taskbar.
- Select – Device Manager.
- On the application, find Printer or Print queues.
- Double-click on the device to expand the drivers’ list.
- Now, right-click on the driver for the currently running device.
- Next, select – Update driver.
- Click on the option – Search automatically for driver.
If this method doesn’t fix Windows cannot connect to the printer with the 0x0000011b error code then go to the manufacturer’s website. Find the latest printer driver there and download it and install the same manually and reboot the PC.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.