Minecraft PE: Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) is the mobile version of the popular sandbox video game Minecraft designed for Android and iOS devices. With frequent major updates like 1.17 Caves & Cliffs, 1.18 Caves & Cliffs Part 2, and the upcoming 1.19 The Wild Update, there are always new features and gameplay changes for Mobile players to experience. If you want to get the latest versions of Minecraft PE on your Android device, this guide will show you how to download and install Minecraft PE 1.17, 1.18, and 1.19 for free.
Overview of Minecraft PE Main Versions
Minecraft PE generally follows the major Java Edition updates and gets many of the same new features. Here’s a quick overview of the main changes in versions 1.17, 1.18, and 1.19:
Minecraft 1.17 – Caves & Cliffs Update Part 1:
- New cave generation with larger and more intricate cave systems
- Copper ore and raw metal blocks like copper, iron, and gold
- Amethyst geodes underground with amethyst crystals and blocks
- Glow berries as a new light source and food
- Deepslate blocks and deepslate ore variants
- Goats, axolotls, and glow squid mobs added
Minecraft 1.18 – Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2:
- New terrain generation with taller mountains, deeper caves
- Lush cave biomes underground
- Dripstone blocks pointed dripstone, and dripleaf plants
- New ore distribution with diamonds more common below Y=16
- Lowest depth raised from Y=0 to Y=-64
Minecraft 1.19 – The Wild Update (upcoming):
- Ancient Cities structure in the deep dark biome
- Sculk blocks, sculk catalysts, sculk shriekers
- Echo shards and the recovery compass item
- Mangrove swamp biome with mangrove trees
- Mud blocks, frogs, tadpoles, fireflies mobs
- New boat with chest and upgraded swamp villages
Read More: Minecraft PSP Download Android
Downloading Minecraft PE 1.17, 1.18, 1.19
Unlike the Java Edition, Minecraft PE is not available for direct purchase and download from the official Minecraft website. Instead, you’ll need to download and install it from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Here are the steps to get the latest Minecraft PE versions:
- Open the Google Play Store app– This is pre-installed on most Android devices. If not, you can download the app from Google.
- **Search for “Minecraft” **- In the Play Store search bar, search for “Minecraft”. This will show the official Minecraft game published by Mojang as the first result.
- Install Minecraft– Click on the Minecraft app, then click Install. The latest version will download and install on your device. As of August 2023, this is Minecraft 1.19.0.
- Allow required permissions– Make sure to allow the permissions Minecraft needs like storage access when prompted. This will allow for saving worlds and gameplay data.
- Open the game– Once installed, open Minecraft PE from your device’s app drawer or home screen. You can now play for free!
- Keep it updated– Whenever new major updates like 1.18 and 1.19 are released, the Play Store will automatically update your installed Minecraft PE to the latest version.
And that’s it! With these steps, you’ll have the latest Minecraft PE installed on your Android device and can enjoy all the newest features and content from major updates like Caves & Cliffs and The Wild Update for free.
Downloading Older Minecraft PE Versions
What if you want to access older versions of Minecraft PE like 1.17 or 1.16? The Play Store only offers the latest release for automatic installation, but there are a few options to manually download older MCPE versions:
- APK download websites– Many sites like APKPure host APK files for previous Minecraft PE versions that you can download and sideload on Android. However, use caution as some sites may have modified APKs.
- Official APK archives– Mojang’s Minecraft website has an APK archive here where you can download older versions back to 1.14.
- Unlock using third-party launchers– Some launchers like Blocklauncher allow accessing older and beta versions of MCPE from the Play Store listing.
To install an older APK version after downloading:
- Enable “Install from unknown sources” in Android settings if prompted.
- Locate and open the APK file to trigger installation.
- Open Minecraft PE – you should now see the downgraded version number.
Keep in mind world compatibility and feature differences if using an older version. Enjoy exploring past versions of Minecraft mobile!
Tips for Playing Minecraft PE on Android
Here are some useful tips to improve your gameplay experience with Minecraft PE on an Android device:
- Use headphones for better audio immersion. The ambient sounds add to the atmosphere.
- Set render distance higher if your device can handle it. This will reveal more terrain.
- Turn on coords to get your X/Y/Z position. Useful for coordinates-based builds or finding spots again.
- Adjust controls and sensitivity in Settings to your preference. Buttons can be moved around.
- Install texture/resource packs from the Marketplace or MinecraftFanSite for new looks.
- Limit the number of active mods installed if you tend to use mods/addons. Too many can hurt performance.
- Restarting your device before long play sessions can prevent lag/crashes related to memory.
- Keep background apps closed and limit notifications to focus just on your gameplay.
- Play online mini-games for fun new challenges. Hunger Games, Sky Wars, and Hide and Seek are popular.
With these tips, the latest or legacy versions of Minecraft will run smoothly and you’ll get the most out of your Android mobile gameplay experience. Enjoy exploring, building, and surviving!
Frequently Asked Questions About Downloading Minecraft PE
Is Minecraft PE free on Android?
Yes, Minecraft PE is free to download and play on Android devices. It is a paid app on the Play Store but does not cost anything upfront to install and access the full base game. Optional in-app purchases are available for content.
How big is the Minecraft PE download size?
Minecraft PE takes up around 130-150MB of storage space when first installed. The size can grow over time as more maps, worlds, and other data get saved locally. Have at least 300MB free to comfortably install and start playing.
Is it safe to download Minecraft PE from sites other than the Play Store?
It’s generally safer to use only the official Google Play Store to download Minecraft PE. Unknown third-party sites may have modified or tampered with versions of the APK. That said, some reputable sites like APKPure are reasonably safe alternatives.
Does Minecraft PE support cross-platform multiplayer?
Yes! Minecraft PE allows cross-platform play for multiplayer games and servers between mobile, Windows 10, and console editions. So you can play with friends no matter what platform they are using.
How do I downgrade to an older version of Minecraft PE?
You’ll need to obtain an APK file for the specific older version you want either from the official Minecraft APK archive or APK download sites. Disable auto-updates, sideload the APK and launch the downgraded version.
Will my Minecraft PE worlds/data carry over between versions?
In general world data and settings will carry over properly between minor point updates (1.16.1 to 1.16.2). But major updates like 1.17/1.18 may cause incompatibility with really old worlds, so back them up first.
That sums up how to download and play the latest or legacy versions of Minecraft Pocket Edition for free on your Android devices! With auto-updating from the Play Store you can always have the newest major releases like 1.19 The Wild Update installed. And if you want to revisit older versions, obtaining and sideloading previous APK files does the trick. Enjoy mobile crafting and adventuring in Minecraft’s constantly evolving sandbox world! Let us know if you have any other questions.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.