Eclipse Emulator For PC
If you are looking for a browser-based emulator which can be used through a web browser. There is already a product available in the market called Eclipse Emulator. Here we will learn how to download Eclipse Emulator. Eclipse is an emulator which can run on a browser and can be used for playing many console games. the best part is it can be run on any device with the latest web browser.
How To Download Eclipse Emulator
You can download the emulator from many websites, we have also mentioned one of the best methods to download the Eclipse Emulator. In this method you have to download Tweakbox first, It is a third-party app installer that offers lots of 3rd-party apps and games and other content like games emulators.
Here is the way to download Eclipse Emulator through TweakBox:
- First, you have to download the TweakBox into your iPhone or iPad from the official website.
- When the application gets downloaded, open your Settings app and tap General > Profiles.
- Find the TweakBox profile and tap it.
- Click on Trust and then close the Settings.
- Once the application is completely installed on your device, open TweakBox and use the search tab to find Eclipse Emulator.
- Tap the results and install them on your device.
Eclipse Emulator App Advantages:
Eclipse emulator has plenty of features and you can even choose UI skin and integration. Eclipse also supports numerous game consoles, we have mentioned a quick list below:
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
- GameBoy (GB)
- GameBoy Color (GBC)
- GameBoy Advance (GBA)
- Sega Master System (SMS)
- Game Gear (GG)
Note: Right now SNES is in the experimental phase so it might not work properly. By the way, developers are planning to add more game systems soon.
How to Add Games:
There are many ways to add the games on the eclipse emulator, some of the methods are given below:
- Head over to the internet to find and upload game ROMs into Eclipse, you can find almost every game on the internet.
- You can find the game on Game Hub, using Game Hub ROMs can be added from an external repository, from Dropbox, or Google Drive
- Add ROMs via URLs and you also get the name and the box art too.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do web-based emulators are good?
Most people think that web-based emulators don’t perform well when it is about gaming. Though the statement is not wrong web-based emulators have some definite advantages as well. The main advantage is it can be accessed from any device that has a modern web browser and an average processor. The second main advantage is it works on a browser and by playing on the browser you don’t need to think about the app is being revoked.
I don’t own a game on any of the supported platforms. How do I get started?
If you don’t have any games right now, you don’t have to worry. To start with the eclipse emulator, you can go for some free options:
- First, open the Eclipse emulators and click on the (+) button.
- Tap feature Repos then Homebrew Repo.
- The repo is now added.
- Click on Homebrew and then search for the game you want to play.
- Any of the ROMs here, except Mother 3, are legal to play
- If you want to add more repos. legally, you have to own the original game.
Can I add a custom ROM?
You need only two things to add a custom ROM. First, you need the box art and second, you need a direct game link. Normally, these ROMs come with prefixes of .gba, .nes, .gb, etc, and you would not get them from services like MEGA, Google Drive, or MediaFire. Although, Dropbox is recommended and there is a positive change with Dropbox. When you get the ROMs you want, open the Eclipse emulator and tap on the ( + ) icon. Add the art and the link and add it to Eclipse and if you did it properly, it should run.
What are the recommended games?
We are not recommending any game it is totally up to you that what you want to play. Although legally if you do not physically own the game cartridge for the game you want to play, you are limited to using Homebrew only.
Sourabh Sharma is a student as well as a copywriter, he loves to spend his time writing blog posts.