SuperSU is one of the most popular rooting tools for Android devices. It allows you to gain root access on your device, enabling you to remove bloatware, block ads, install custom ROMs and mods, and more.
With the release of Android 13, many users are looking to root their devices. However, the SuperSU zip file needs to be specially configured to work properly on Android 13. In this guide, we’ll walk through how to install SuperSU and gain root access on Android 13.
Android smartphones today come with numerous features yet tons of other features are locked by the developer from users’ accessibility. If you want to unlock those features by rooting your phone but aren’t sure about the method for the same; you’re at the proper place.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the method of rooting your device using the Custom Recovery- SuperSU Zip. This recovery software is the most effective and straightforward to handle. Thereby because the rooting process is completed you’ll be ready to experience a good range of the latest features in your phone.
Prior we getting into the method allow us to explain, what precisely the process of rooting entails. Rooting is the process of unlocking your device to gain access to the basic directory of your Android mobile. It refers to the removal of certain restrictions and limitations placed by the developer.
By rooting the device, the user mainly gets the power to flash a custom ROM or custom kernel of one’s choice. Besides, it enables us to get rid of bloatware, run a firewall, enable tethering albeit the carrier is obstructing it, overclock and underclock, manually back up your device, and lots of other useful tweaks to realize system access.
What is SuperSU?
To root the device there are numerous rooting software available within the virtual market; among which SuperSU is the latest and is taken into account the most efficient one. SuperSu for Android 13 is developed by Chainfire and Coding Code Mobile Technology LLC. It derives its popularity and demand from the good compatibility it offers and also from its security mechanisms. the simplest part is that it doesn’t support ads. After knowing about rooting and Super SU, you would possibly be in a hurry to root your device to realize access to numerous hidden features, provided you’re a tech freak.
Unique Features of Supersu Android 13 Supersu
SuperSu offers its users the simplest of features; a number of which include:
- Superuser access prompt/access logging/ access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Permanent unroot / Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works when Android isn’t properly booted
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
- Convert to /system app
- Complete unroot
- Backup script to survive LineageOS nightlies
- Icon selectable from 5 options, moreover it’s invisible
- Theme selectable from 4 options
The Super SU app for Android is out there free of charge to download. Besides, there’s a SuperSU PRO paid app (Download from Play Store) which is the advanced version of the free app because it has few additional features. These features are:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Grant/deny root to an app for a group amount of your time
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- General PIN protection and Per-app PIN protection
- Adjust auto-deny countdown
Without any further delay allow us to proceed to the method of putting in SuperSu. The SuperSu for Android 13 is often installed using two methods on any Android device. While one involves Magisk Root/ Magisk Manager; the opposite one uses TWRP recovery. during this article, we’ll discuss the entire steps to flash SuperSu using TWRP recovery because it is the hottest one and is additionally convenient to use.
Before we enlist the procedure of putting in and using SuperSu, we might wish to inform you that rooting your device would cease the warranty of your device. most significantly, if the procedure isn’t followed with care there’s an opportunity of losing data from your devices, and therefore the worst scenario it’d brick the device. Such a situation can, however, be avoided if ordinary care is taken while following the steps.
- Enable OEM unlocking and unlock the phone’s bootloader.
- You must also install TWRP recovery on your Android device.
- Remember to require a backup of your files before installing SuperSU on your Android device. For all this,
- you’ll follow our guide on the way to back Android phones.
- Enable USB debugging on the device.
- Also, Install ADB Drivers on the PC.
Download SuperSU ZIP
Download the newest SuperSU ZIP. (SuperSU Pro Zip). These flashable Super SU zip and apk files work on Android Kitkat, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Android Nougat, Android Oreo, Android Pie, Android 10, and Android 13.
|SuperSU v2.82 SR5 (Recommended)||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 Stable||Download|
Download SuperSU APK
Download SuperSU pro apk, SuperSU zip latest from above.
|SuperSU v2.82 APK||Download|
|SuperSU v2.79 APK||Download|
|SuperSU v2.78 APK||Download|
|SuperSU v2.76 APK||Download|
How to Install SuperSU using TWRP Recovery:
Total Time: 5 minutes
First, download SuperSU APK Android 13 and ZIP files for Android to root your device.
Move the SuperSu zip file to the root of the internal memory of your device.
Turn off the device and boot your phone into recovery by holding the “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously. (In a few devices, one can access the recovery menu by holding the “Volume UP + Power” button). or, use the following ADB command to boot your device into TWRP recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Click on the INSTALL.
- Now, Navigate to the files select the flashable ZIP file, and swipe to Install SuperSU on Android.
- Once the installation is completed, reboot the system.
- To check the root status, go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If the root checker app says root access is available then it means that your device has been successfully rooted.
Finally, Enjoy and explore the features that were inaccessible earlier.
There might be an instance where you would want to get back your earlier version which is the unrooted one. In such a scenario you can just uninstall SuperSU, which again is a simple process. SuperSu further has a ‘temporary unroot’ option which comes in handy; if you have however decided to permanently uninstall SuperSu and unroot your device follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to Install SuperSU on Android 13:
- Check your Android version
- Before proceeding, you need to make sure your device is actually running Android 13. Go to Settings > About Phone and check that the Android version is 13.
- Back up your device
- To avoid data loss, it’s highly recommended to take a full backup of your device before making major software changes like rooting. You can use your Google account to back up app data and settings.
- Enable USB debugging
- Go to Settings > System > Developer options and enable USB debugging. This allows your device to interface with a computer when connected via USB.
- Download the SuperSU zip file
- Go to the SuperSU website and download the latest SuperSU zip file for Android 13. Do not use the older zip files for Android 12 or lower.
- Boot into recovery mode
- Power off your phone completely. Then hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until you see the recovery menu. Use the volume keys to highlight Recovery mode and the power button to select it.
- Flash the SuperSU zip
- In recovery mode, select Apply update from ADB and connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable. Use the ADB tools to sideload the SuperSU zip file.
- Reboot and verify root access
- Once flashing is complete, select Reboot system now. When your phone restarts, download a root checker app to verify that you now have root access.
Steps to Uninstall SuperSU on Android Device:
The following steps will unroot your device and remove SuperSU
- Open the “SuperSU” app.
- Now go to the “Settings” tab.
- After this, Scroll down and find the “Cleanup” option.
- To uninstall SuperSU click on “Full Unroot”.
- A prompt to confirm appears.
- Tap “Continue”.
- Now Reboot your phone and the SuperSU is successfully uninstalled.
Now that you have been well acquainted with the complete procedure on how to root your Android device using SuperSU you would accept that this process is the simplest one and easy to perform. Just follow the steps mentioned carefully and enjoy your device in a new way by gaining access to the features that were restricted or limited before.
If you have any queries let us know in the comment section below.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.