Authenticity Of Windows 10: How do you know if the Windows 10 on our laptop is genuine or pirated? Here we provide some easy ways to check the authenticity of Windows 10 that you can try.
Currently, Windows 10 is one of the most widely used operating systems in the world. Right now, there are more than 1.3 billion computer devices that use this operating system.
As a Windows 10 user, of course, you want to know whether the version of Windows you are using is genuine or pirated, especially if the laptop you are using has Windows 10 installed from the start. To ensure that the original Windows 10 is used there are several ways you can check it, here we explain the steps so that you can easily try it yourself.
How to check if Windows 10 is original or pirated?
To find how to check whether Windows is original or not, there are several ways you can use it, including:
1. Using the Software License Manager you can check the Authenticity of a Windows
The first way you can try to find out the authenticity of Windows is to run a program called Software License Manager (slmgr. vbs).
Follow these steps:
1. First press the Windows key + R on the keyboard
2. Type or copy-paste the following command:
3. Click OK
4. Wait for your Windows 10 authenticity information to appear
5. The original Windows 10 will display a message like the example in the following screenshot:
2. From the Activation settings menu
The second way to find out whether Windows 10 is genuine or fake is to look at the activation information in the version of Windows installed on your computer. This can be done by accessing the Activation menu in Settings.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings by clicking Start > Settings or you can also press the Windows key + I on the keyboard
2. Select the Update & Security menu
3. Click on the Activation tab
4. See the information in the Activation section
5. If there is a statement that Windows is activated with a digital license, then your Windows 10 is genuine
3. Using the Command Prompt (CMD)
The third way you can also use CMD, is similar to the first method, namely by using a program called Software License Manager, the difference is that this time we run it using the Command Prompt program.
Follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key +R
2. Type: cmd
3. Click the OK button
4. In the Command Prompt program, type or copy-paste the following command:
5. Press Enter
6. If your Windows is original, you will see a message that reads: The machine is permanently activated
Difference between genuine and pirated windows
How to distinguish between genuine and pirated Windows 10 is quite a difficult thing to do because at first glance there is no difference. Users who use pirated Windows will usually not notice a significant difference when switching to another computer that uses the original Windows 10 and vice versa.
The only difference between genuine and pirated Windows 10 is that genuine Windows 10 is the original version of Windows 10 that you buy from Microsoft or an authorized distributor, while a pirated version is a version of Windows 10 that you get for free and is activated by entering a pirated license or crack.
Another difference is, that pirated Windows 10 is likely to be inserted with malware or adware that makes advertisements appear when you use it, or even worse, is inserted by malware that can steal your data. While the original Windows 10 is clean of all that.
Windows 10 which is activated by cracking without an official license can also be detected as pirated Windows at any time. When this happens, the characteristic is that you will get a notification that says ” Activate Windows: Go to Settings to Activate Windows ” in the lower right corner of the screen.
Features of genuine Windows 10 (original)
- Activation is carried out with a license key obtained by purchasing directly from the Microsoft website or an official distributor
- No need to install another KMS / crack application to activate it
- Get updates and use support features from Microsoft
- Windows 10 is clear of pop-up ads that appear mysteriously
- The Windows 10 you get is clean of malware and other malicious programs
The characteristics of Windows 10 pirated
- Activation is generally carried out by installing cracked software such as KMS, using a pirated license key obtained from the internet, or using a keygen.
- Windows 10 can be loaded with malware and other harmful programs
- Often ads appear suddenly every time you connect to the internet
- From time to time your Windows 10 can be detected aspirated and the message “Activate Windows” appears.
- Can’t use the support feature from Microsoft
Can pirate Windows 10 be updated?
Can pirate Windows 10 still be updated? This is also one of the reasons why differentiating pirated and genuine Windows is quite difficult because both of them can perform updates as usual. As if they were the original Windows.
But even so, using the original Windows 10 will be much better, especially for security reasons.
This is the tutorial on how to check the authenticity of Windows 10 that we can provide, hopefully, it can be useful.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the founder and owner of Gizmo Concept, a leading technology news and review site. With over 10 years of experience in the tech industry, Mustafa started Gizmo Concept in 2017 to provide honest, in-depth analysis and insights on the latest gadgets, apps, and tech trends. A self-proclaimed “tech geek,” Mustafa first developed a passion for technology as a computer science student at the Hi-Tech Institute of Engineering & Technology. After graduation, he worked at several top tech firms leading product development teams and honing his skills as both an engineer and innovator. However, he always dreamed of having his own platform to share his perspectives on the tech world. With the launch of Gizmo Concept, Mustafa has built an engaged community of tech enthusiasts who look to the site for trusted, informed takes on everything from smartphones to smart homes. Under his leadership, Gizmo Concept has become a top destination for tech reviews, news, and expert commentary. Outside of running Gizmo Concept, Mustafa is an avid traveler who enjoys experiencing new cultures and tech scenes worldwide. He also serves as a tech advisor and angel investor for several startups. Mustafa holds a B.S. in Computer Science from HIET.