How To Enter EDL Mode On Xiaomi Phones
Officially Xiaomi does not allow bootloaders for reasons of increasing user security. Of course not all of the apparatus, only the latest. In effect, we can no longer flash HP via fastboot. Another way to flash a Xiaomi cellphone is through EDL-Mode. But there are still many Xiaomi users who don’t understand how to enter the device into EDL Mode, the reason is that entering EDL Mode is much more complex than entering Fastboot mode. Certain tools and files are required.
How to enter EDL (Emergency Download) Mode on a Xiaomi phone will be discussed in full and clear in this tutorial.
Please read and follow this tutorial if you want to boot your phone into EDL-Mode.
What is EDL Mode?
EDL mode stands for Emergency Download. This is a Special Mode to give users a greater level of access to your Xiaomi device. EDL uses include you can unlock Bootloader unofficially, Flash Stock Firmware, Unbrick your device from Bootloop, etc.
When EDL mode is active, the Snapdragon Processor is in image download mode.
EDL mode can be an alternative to Fastboot to flash ROM on your Xiaomi cellphone.
Important Things to Pay Attention to Before Starting:
- First of all, Install the USB Driver of your Xiaomi device on a PC/Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Install ADB & Fastboot USB Drivers.
- This tutorial only works for Xiaomi smartphones with Qualcomm Chipset Processor.
How to Boot Xiaomi into EDL Mode?
There are 2 ways that you can choose and use to boot your Xiaomi cellphone into Emergency Download Mode:
1. Via ADB Method
- Download & Install ADB Drivers on PC/Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Open CMD / Command Prompt on Windows PC/Laptop by pressing Windows Key + R and typing CMD then click Run.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mobile to a PC/Laptop using a USB Cable.
- type or copy the following command to check if the Xiaomi device is connected or not.
- “adb device” *Without quotes
- Now, If the smartphone and PC are connected, then enter the following command to boot your device into EDL Mode (Emergency Download Mode).
- “ adb reboot edl” *without quotes pe
- There he is!!! Now your Xiaomi Redmi has entered edl mode.
2. Via Fastboot Method
This method is useful for users who can’t boot into EDL mode via adb procedure [method 01], just because your device is software or maybe for some other reason. In that condition use this method to enter EDL mode via fastboot mode. control.
1. Download Fastboot EDL File & Extract it on your PC/Laptop. You will see 2-3 extracted files there.
2. Connect your Xiaomi Smartphone in Fastboot Mode. To do this, Turn off your Smartphone first. Turn it on (Boot to Fasbtoot) by pressing the Power on + Volume Down button until the Mi Bunny Logo appears.
3. Now, double click or run the edl. cmd file. When you run this file, Mi Bunny will disappear and your device will be rebooted into EDL Mode using Blank display. This is the process to boot into your device in Emergency Download Mode on Xiaomi devices.
This method works for every Qualcomm device. Therefore, you can use this method in other devices running on Qualcomm Chipset.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the founder and owner of Gizmo Concept, a leading technology news and review site. With over 10 years of experience in the tech industry, Mustafa started Gizmo Concept in 2017 to provide honest, in-depth analysis and insights on the latest gadgets, apps, and tech trends.
A self-proclaimed “tech geek,” Mustafa first developed a passion for technology as a computer science student at the Hi-Tech Institute of Engineering & Technology. After graduation, he worked at several top tech firms leading product development teams and honing his skills as both an engineer and innovator. However, he always dreamed of having his own platform to share his perspectives on the tech world.
With the launch of Gizmo Concept, Mustafa has built an engaged community of tech enthusiasts who look to the site for trusted, informed takes on everything from smartphones to smart homes. Under his leadership, Gizmo Concept has become a top destination for tech reviews, news, and expert commentary.
Outside of running Gizmo Concept, Mustafa is an avid traveler who enjoys experiencing new cultures and tech scenes worldwide. He also serves as a tech advisor and angel investor for several startups. Mustafa holds a B.S. in Computer Science from HIET.