VLC Media Player Alternatives for Windows
To get the best video viewing experience, we must know the best media player software. Fortunately, there are several media player apps available for the Windows platform like VLC, MPC, GOM Player, etc. However, out of all that, VLC appears to be the best.
VLC Media player is one of the best media player apps available for Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. The advantage of VLC is that it supports almost all video formats and provides a better video viewing experience.
However, VLC isn’t the only one of its kind out there. In fact, there are many excellent and feature-rich media player apps available that can be used as a replacement for VLC. So, in this article, we are going to share a list of the best VLC Media Player Alternatives for Windows that can be downloaded for watching videos on your computer.
VLC Media Player Alternatives for Windows 10
It should be noted that there are hundreds of media player applications for Windows and to mention all of them is not possible in one article. So, we only list the ones that are popular and have been tested by us.
It is one of the best VLC Media Player Alternative and top-rated media player software available for the Windows operating system. The advantage of Media Player Classic is that it supports various video file formats. Not only that, but Media Player Classic also offers users several customization options to enhance the video viewing experience as well.
- The media player is very popular among Windows users.
- Compared to some other media players, VLC media player supports more formats.
- The media player can be used to convert & download videos.
- The user interface looks clean and simple.
Just like the VLC media player, PotPlayer also supports various video and audio file formats. One of the advantages of PotPlayer is that it has a user interface that is superior to the VLC Media player. Apart from that, the app also offers users several customization options, and it can handle larger file types too.
- The media player is known for its charming user interface.
- It supports various media file formats.
- The tool also offers a variety of customization options.
Even though GOM Media Player only supports popular file formats, the user interface is still unmatched by other video players. Interestingly, GOM Media Player also has a subtitle library that can search and download subtitles from video playback automatically.
- GOM Media Player is one of the most lightweight media player apps available on the web.
- It supports many popular video & audio file formats.
- It has a subtitles library which searches for and downloads subtitles automatically.
- The player is available for Android, iOS, and Windows platforms.
4. DivX Player
If you are looking for a video player for Windows 10 that offers HEVC playback, then you can go for DivX Player. Some of the other DivX Player features include resuming videos, loading random videos, etc.
- This is one of the great media player apps available for Windows.
- The media player is known for its handsome user interface.
- It supports almost all main video and audio file formats.
The MPV user interface looks very similar to the Pot Player listed above. If we talk about file format support, MPV supports various video and audio file formats.
- The media player tool is primarily known for its simple user interface.
- It supports most of the popular video & audio formats.
- The media player also offers subtitles and hardware acceleration support.
6. KM Player
The great thing about KM Player is that it supports multiple file-formats including OGG, 3GP, FLV, MKV, etc. Apart from that, KM Player also supports 3D Movies, however, users must have 3D Glasses.
- This is one of the best Windows 10 media player apps for watching 3D movies.
- It supports multiple file-formats including FLV, MKV, 3GP, OGG, etc.
- The media player is also capable of playing 4K files.
This is another best VLC alternative on the list which supports various video and audio file formats. The great thing about Parma Video Player is that it can load large file types without lag.
- This is a universal media player app for Windows to play videos & audio.
- Automatically scans and completes all movements stored on your computer.
- Parma Video Player supports most of the available formats.
- It also has .srt subtitles support.
This is another top-rated media player available for Windows. What makes 5KPlayer even more useful is its ability to stream video content from various video sharing sites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- The media player is often known for its impressive user interface.
- 5K Player can also play 4K files.
- It supports nearly all major video formats like FLV, MKV, AVI, etc.
- It can stream video content from online video streaming platforms.
9. SM Player
SM Player is one of the best VLC Alternatives 2020 which you can use right now. The great thing about SM Player is that it supports multiple video formats and has built-in codecs.
- This is a free media player with built-in codecs.
- Thanks to its built-in code, it can play almost all video and audio formats.
- The Media Player can also play YouTube videos.
- It comes with several skin themes and icons.
AllPlayer is another great media player application that you can use on your Windows computer. The advantage of AllPlayer is that it can support almost all major file formats including AVI, MKV, etc.
- It supports most of the popular file formats like DivX, XviD, MP3, AVI, etc.
- AllPlayer also supports DVD, Two Monitors, and TV Support.
- It also has support for Dolby Surround, SPDIF, and 3D Audio.
The advantage of UMPlayer is that it has the ability to stream videos via YouTube, online TV, etc. On top of that, UMPlayer packs almost everything you need for proper media playback.
- UMPlayer is one of the best and easy to use Media player apps.
- The application packs in many powerful features such as Radio Streams.
- It supports almost all media formats.
- UMPlayer also gets YouTube Player & Recorder.
The alternative VLC media player for Windows supports multiple media formats like DivX, WMV, MPEG, AVI, etc. Apart from that, FreeSmith Video Player can also stream videos.
- The media player for Windows supports a variety of media formats.
- It also got the ability to stream videos from video sharing sites.
- The user interface is clean and light.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use VLC media player alternative for your Windows 10 computer, then you need to give DAPlayer a try. DAPlayer now supports modes from 400 different audio and video formats.
- Media Player for Windows supports over 400 different formats.
- DAPlayer also gets streaming support.
- It can also play 1080p High Definition videos.
What stands out the most about JetVideo is its user interface which is well organized and looks clean. Apart from that, JetVideo also offers tons of themes for customization too.
- This is a complete video player app for Windows 10.
- Media Player for Windows is capable of playing almost all major file formats.
- This tool can also be used to convert video files.
- It also offers Tag and subtitle editing features.
15. ACG Player
If you are looking for a media player app for Windows that offers gesture features, then ACG Player might be the best choice for you. It is a fully customizable replacement for a VLC media player for Windows which allows users to set up shortcut keys, stream online videos, etc.
- This is one of the best and highly customizable media player apps for Windows.
- ACG Player lets you set up shortcut keys, online video streaming, etc.
- It supports some of the most famous video and audio file formats.
If you are looking for a media player for Windows that has gesturing capabilities, AGC is your choice. This is an alternative to VLC player for Windows where users can define several shortcuts, streams, etc.
So that was the article about 15 Best VLC Media Player Alternatives for Windows that you can try in 2020. Hopefully useful and thank you. If you think you’ve got some better options then feel free to mention it in the comment below.