Motorola Razr (2019): Motorola has announced its first folding smartphone at an event in the city of Los Angeles, United States. Called Razr, the handset unites the best of the last two decades into one device, merging the classic format of the popular and nostalgic V3 with the folding screen and high-quality cameras of the latest smartphones.
As Samsung and Huawei strive to offer consumers a completely new design of folding smartphones, Motorola goes back in time and looks at its history to rewrite the brand in 2019 and launch the new line of flexible display devices.
Inspired by the classic V3 released in July 2004, the new Razr offers the same flip idea design, going from a small, compact format when not in use to something big and visually impressive when needed.
When closed, the display has a 2.7-inch (800x600p) fixed external screen so the user can view notifications and even take selfies with the main camera. When opened, the 6.2 inches (2142x876p) folding panel stands out giving more room so that the device can be used basically just like any other smartphone with the traditional bar format.
Motorola Razr (2019) Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch pOLED internal screen (foldable) with a resolution of 2142x876p and 21:9 aspect ratio internal camera notch display. It also has a 2.7-inch external display (800x600p)
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor running at up to 2.2 GHz
- RAM and Internal Storage: 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB for internal storage (non-expandable)
- Camera: 16 MP external camera with IMX519 sensor, f / 1.7 aperture and Night Vision mode. There is a 5MP internal camera
- Battery: 2510 mAh battery
- Connectivity: USB-C connection and eSIM (to the United States)
- OS: Android 9 Pie with a guaranteed upgrade to Android 10