How To Update Kodi
This quick tutorial will show you ways to Update Kodi on Firestick in 2021.
The same process also will work on the hearth TV, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Televisions. If you’ve got any sort of Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, this guide is for you!
This technique is vital so can update Kodi without losing your valuable addons and configured settings.
Kodi is understood for delivering numerous updates for every version of their app, so it’s important to understand the way to do that so you’ll keep things running optimally.
Stream Faster & Anonymously
Updating Kodi on a Firestick or Fire TV may be a simple process.
The technique explained below takes but 2 minutes to finish.
In this tutorial, we are employing a free application found within the Amazon App store called Downloader by AFTV News.
Below, you’ll find both a video tutorial and a screenshot guide on the way to update Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
As of today, Kodi 19.1 Matrix is the current stable version of Kodi.
The video tutorial will provide a more detailed outline of the step-by-step instructions.
Supercharge Kodi Guide
How To Update Kodi On Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube With Downloader In 2021
Watch the entire video below for complete details without missing any steps.
Important Note: Before updating Kodi, you should ensure that your favorite addons and/or build are compatible with the new version.
Kodi 19.1 Matrix is the current stable release.
Remember, by installing a repository, you’ll have the liberty to settle on different streaming add-ons for your enjoyment. If you’re trying to find an easy thanks to installing the simplest add-ons and repositories quickly and efficiently, I suggest employing a Kodi Build. Click this link for an inventory of the simplest Kodi Builds.
Important Notes: Before updating Kodi, you ought to make sure that your favorite addons and/or build are compatible with the remake.
If you’re employing a Kodi build, you ought to change the skin back to default Estuary before browsing the guide below. you’ll usually do that under System / Interface Settings / Skin in most builds.
Kodi 19.1 Matrix is that the current stable release.
Before updating Kodi on Firestick or Fire TV, we should always first determine which version of Kodi we are currently running to make sure there’s an available update.
1. Go to the home screen of Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
2. Hover over Settings menu item
3. Click Applications
4. Click Manage Installed Applications
5. Hover over Kodi
You will see the current version of Kodi installed on Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube on the right-hand side,
As of today, the current stable release of Kodi is 19.1 Matrix so we are eligible for an update.
6. Go back to Firestick / Fire TV / Fire TV Cube home screen
7. Hover Over Settings
8. Click My Fire TV
9. Click Developer options
10. Click Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON
11. Return to Firestick / Fire TV Home screen, hover over the search icon on the top-left side of the screen, and type in “Downloader” and click it in the list below.
12. Click the orange Downloader icon
13. Click the OK button on remote to begin download & Downloader will install
14. Click Open to launch Downloader
15. Click Allow (you may not see this prompt on older Fire TV models)
16. Click OK on the welcome window
17. Click the OK button on the remote to open the keyboard and sort within the address for Kodi 19.1 which is troypoint.com/kodistable
The Kodi stable URL above will always point to the foremost recent stable version so you’ll be ready to use that very same link even when new Kodi 19 subsequent releases begin like 19.1, 19.2, etc.
If you’d wish to update to the previous version which is Kodi 18.9, you’ll type in troypoint.com/k18
Click the Go button after typing in the address and Kodi download will begin.
18. Kodi download begins
19. Click Install when asked to update Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
20. Kodi will begin updating
21. Click Done
22. Click Delete to get rid of the Kodi installation file and free up some valuable space on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
23. Click Delete again to confirm
24. Go back to Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube home screen
25. Launch Kodi – if you don’t see it on the front page, scroll to the right under the “Your Apps & Channels” heading and click “See All” as this will display all apps installed on Firestick
26. Kodi begins to load
27 Kodi Home Screen is displayed
Recommended Tutorials for You
VPN for Firestick Tutorial – Kodi users should protect themselves with a VPN.
A VPN will encrypt your connection to the web, making it impossible for your Internet Service Provider, government, and hackers from logging what you’re accessing online.
In addition, a number of the apps that you simply would want to download are unverified apps, which are restricted by the Amazon App Store.
However, you’ll side-load them into your device without using the official app-distribution method with the assistance of a VPN for Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Update Kodi without losing Data?
Yes, following these instructions will ensure you don’t lose your valuable addons and configured settings.
What is the most recent version of Kodi?
Currently, the stable version of Kodi is Kodi 19.1.
Can I Update a Kodi Addon?
To see if an addon has an update available, open My Addons within Kodi settings and select Update. Or, turn on Auto-update.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.