How To Uninstall Microsoft Office
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office. After installing Office applications on Windows 10, you may have many reasons to uninstall them. Maybe, you’re trying to license Office free from Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), Office 2019, or Office 2016 for another device, the app isn’t working properly and you’re trying to reinstall the software to fix the problem, you don’t like the product and want to downgrade to an earlier version, or you want to permanently uninstall the suite.
Whatever the reason, there are at least some Ways to Uninstall Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2019,2016 from your computer.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office
In this guide, you’ll learn the steps to quickly uninstall Office from your Windows 10 computer, including Office from Microsoft 365, Office 2019, and Office 2016. Check out the tutorial below.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Windows 10 via Settings
To uninstall Microsoft Office from Windows 10 with Settings, use these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Apps & features or Apps & Features.
- Select the Microsoft Office 365 installation or the App name of the product you purchased such as “Microsoft Office 365 Home,” or “Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019.”
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Uninstall button again.
- Uninstall Office using the Settings app in Windows 10
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to Complete Uninstall.
Once you complete the steps, the Office apps will be removed from your device.
Alternatively, and on earlier OS versions, you can open the Control Panel and uninstall the suite from Programs and Features.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office using the Recovery Assistant
Microsoft provides an easy fix tool to help you quickly uninstall Office 365, Office 2016, or 2013 completely from your computer.
To use the “Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant” tool to remove office applications from your pc or computer, use the following steps:
- Download the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool.
- Double click the file to launch the uninstaller.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Microsoft app security warning
- Click the Agree button to confirm the conditions.
- Select the version of Office you want to remove.
- Select Microsoft 365 Office to uninstall
- Click the Next button.
- Check the option to confirm that you have saved your work.
- Confirm the uninstallation of Microsoft 365
- Click the Next button to uninstall Microsoft 365 Office from your computer.
- Click the Restart button.
- Click the No button.
- Submit the necessary surveys to complete the process.
After completing the steps, any Office apps that were available with your Microsoft 365 subscription will no longer be available on your device.
The office will completely disappear from your Windows 10, and you can now activate or reinstall Office 365 from your Office online account or manually use the standalone installation for Office 2016.
The final word
It should be noted that you can no longer uninstall individual applications, such as MS Word or MS Excel, using Microsoft 365 (Office 365). However, you can still uninstall individual apps when purchasing the standalone version of the suite.
Maybe that’s all GC can tell you how to uninstall/uninstall your Microsoft Office. Hopefully, it helps and is useful for you. If there is a word or mistake from the author, don’t forget to comment and share, ok?
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.