Track Lost Cellphone Via WhatsApp
Can you track a lost cellphone via WhatsApp? Yes, the current use of Whatsapp has probably become the most important application used by almost all Smartphone owners.
Various kinds of WhatsApp features are offered with the ability to accommodate every communication need, whether in the form of audio, video, data transmission, or writing.
Not only that, even WhatsApp tends to be simpler and more practical for iPhone owners to use because it offers easy connection on every device. However, when the phone is lost, all the history and data of our conversations will also be lost.
Things to do on WhatsApp when your phone is lost
If our cellphones are stolen or lost, we should take precautions so that other people or thieves can’t use WhatsApp accounts.
The WhatsApp platform remains the most practical and appropriate choice because we no longer need to bother looking for a PIN or contact ID which only takes time.
This is because, not infrequently the ID name of the chat application is different from the original name, so it will be difficult to find. we simply look for a specific name to be contacted in the contact list, then we will find the contact you are looking for easily. It can be said that WhatsApp has become a practical substitute for a short message or SMS media.
In addition, if the presence of our cellphone cannot be detected, we recommend that you contact customer service according to the provider we use to lock the SIM card.
Thus, it is no longer possible for us to be able to verify the lost phone.
We can also reactivate the WhatsApp account on a new cellphone, so the previous account can be deactivated automatically. However, we can only log in to the WhatsApp account using the old mobile number.
How to Track a Lost Cellphone Via Whatsapp
In addition to the tips that we have to do on WhatsApp when the cellphone is lost, it turns out that we can also track a lost cellphone using the most popular chat application from Google. As for how to track a lost cellphone via WhatsApp, you can do it by following the tutorial below!
Tracking Lost Cellphones Via Whatsapp
Before starting to track down your lost cellphone via WhatsApp, the first step we have to do is send the current location via Whatsapp for 8 hours. This means that if one day your cellphone is lost, it can still be tracked through the WhatsApp application. How to send the current location? Check out the steps below:
- Open and run the Whatsapp application.
- After that go to chats, and select a trusted friend’s contact. Or, you can choose to chat with your sister.
- Open the Chat menu » Select Contact » Your sister’s contact name.
- After that, a chat window with your sister appears as usual.
- In the chat field, you can press the attachment icon (paperclip image).
- Several options will appear starting from Documents, Camera, Gallery, Audio, Location, and Contacts.
- Just choose Location.
- Then there is another option, tap Share current location.
- A notification will appear about the feature, just press CONTINUE.
- Choose a time duration of 8 hours so that your real-time location is tracked longer.
- Press the Send button or Send.
Then when suddenly our cellphones are lost, what we can do is:
- Borrow our sister’s cellphone that we sent a Whatsapp message.
- Open the chat with our contact.
- Tap the location that was sent previously.
- So, the position of our lost cellphone will be able to be seen where it is. Are our cellphones lost, stolen, or maybe tucked away in our rooms.
Also Read: Block Unwanted Calls Using Phone Spy App
Tracking Lost HP in the of State
The next method is how to track a lost cellphone that is dead or inactive. If our HP is lost in a dead state, what should be done? Follow these steps.
- Borrow your sister’s cellphone or a friend who can lend her cellphone to you. Just say you want to track down a lost cellphone that is turned off.
- After that, you can directly open the Google Maps application.
- Select it and tap Profile Photo in the top right corner.
- Tap Add Account.
- Input and enter the email address that is on your lost cellphone.
- Enter your email password or password.
- Tap I Agree.
- After successful login, select the small triangle option on the top right.
- Select Your Timeline.
- Then select OK.
- The Maps application will display the location of the lost cellphone.
- You can track the whereabouts of your cell phone, and follow the map directions (Maps) to retrieve it.
Tracking Lost Cellphones Through Google ADM
Still not traceable? Don’t worry, we still have another method to track a lost cellphone, which is using Google ADM. Google ADM (Android Device Manager) is a free application released by Google with the aim of detecting the presence of a lost cellphone by activating GPS on the destination cellphone.
How to track a lost cellphone via Google ADM:
- Borrow your friend’s or relative’s cellphone.
- Download the Google ADM application on the cellphone that you borrowed earlier.
- Install Google ADM via Google Play or directly click here.
- Once installed, open and run the Google ADM application.
- Login using your Google account.
- After logging in, you will immediately be able to see the name of the smartphone that is connected to the email address that you typed earlier on the screen.
- Take note of the location where your cellphone is, if Google ADM doesn’t show your lost device, your cellphone is likely lost in a dead state.
Tracking Lost Cellphones Via TrackGSM
The last method, we can also use the trackingGSM.com website to find out the location of a lost cellphone easily. See the following steps for more details.
- Open the browser on your device. It is recommended to use Google Chrome to make it faster.
- Visit the website address: www.lacakgsm.com
- Click the Register button.
- Fill in the registration form provided completely, click and enter the captcha to prove “I’m not a robot”.
- Click the Register Now button.
- After you have an account at lacakgsm.com, just press the Login button and enter using the username & password that you have registered.
- To track a lost cellphone, click the Tracking Navigation drop-down menu » Track Number.
- Enter your lost cellphone number.
- Web lacakgsm.com will immediately notify you of the whereabouts of your lost cell phone.
Maybe that’s the only way, you can try to practice the steps above at home, respectively.
In the end, this is where we will discuss how to track a lost cellphone via WhatsApp and various other methods that can be done. Don’t forget to always share this article with your friends.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.