Track A Lost Samsung Phone With Gmail
How to track a lost Samsung phone with Gmail? Google as a giant vendor that dominates the virtual world does offer many services. Even now, we can track lost cellphones using Google’s email, in this case, Gmail.
Many Google products are used by internet users, including Youtube, Chrome, Gmail, and many more.
Google is not only known as a search engine or a popular search engine but also can record all the activities we do. One of them is tracking a lost cellphone.
It can be said, Google acts as a personal assistant in the form of digital. On the other hand, when we are busy with our daily routines, we can review what activities have been done on Google Drive, such as organizing uploaded files or viewing WhatsApp chat backups on Google Drive.
One type of service that is recorded by Google itself is location activity so that wherever and wherever we go, Google must record it.
Whether it’s in the form of mileage, type of vehicle, time of departure and arrival time, travel time, and so on, all recorded by Google. This is what can be used to track the position of our lost cellphone even when it’s turned off.
How to track a lost Samsung Phone via Gmail?
People around us certainly have cell phones, so it is very appropriate if we use cell phones again to track lost cellphones.
Tracking using a cellphone can provide convenience, different from a computer or laptop that must have an internet connection, besides that the system is not mobile and also does not have GPS like cell phones in general.
When the position of the lost cellphone has changed, we can certainly continue to track it in real-time when using the cellphone as a tracking medium.
We just need to adjust its position according to the changing location. Well, immediately tracking the position of the cellphone can continue. For more details, you can read the article How to track a cellphone via satellite, to get a more real-time location.
Talking about Gmail itself, this Google product does offer many interesting features. We can save all important data directly to Google Drive.
In addition, Gmail also allows us to connect with Google Maps. Well, this feature can help us track the position of a lost cellphone via Gmail. The way to track a lost Samsung cellphone via Gmail is as follows!
How to Track Lost Samsung Phone with Gmail
To be able to track a lost Samsung cellphone, we need a free email service from Google, namely Gmail. Can Gmail be used to track a lost Samsung cellphone? Many don’t know that Gmail also has a special feature that can be useful for finding out the whereabouts of a lost Samsung cellphone. As for how to use it as follows.
Tracking Lost Samsung Phones with Gmail
Before you can track a lost Samsung cellphone, the main requirement is that you have to prepare one device, either a computer, laptop, or smartphone. If you don’t have one, you can borrow your friends or relatives. After that, follow the steps below to find your lost cellphone.
- Open the browser application, it is recommended to use Google Chrome.
- Then, visit gmail.com. And login using the connected Google account on your lost phone.
- Note: Make sure you have previously added the same google account on your Samsung cellphone so that the synchronization process can run properly.
- Tap the nine-dot icon in the upper right corner, then select Account. Or, click on your google profile picture then select Manage your Google account.
- Locate and select the Security menu tab. Scroll down and take a look at the Your Devices column.
- Select it and press Find a lost device.
- If you have more than one phone, choose one of the phone brands on the list (which has been lost).
- Tap/press on the brand and type of cellphone then you will be directed to Google Maps to track your lost cellphone.
- Login to Google Maps using your Google account.
- Find out the location of your lost cellphone through the displayed Maps.
Also Read: How To Get Free Instagram Followers & Likes
Tracking Lost Samsung Phones with Find My Mobile
Find My Mobile is a special service provided by Samsung to track the whereabouts of a lost cell phone. How to use it is as follows.
- At the beginning of the process, prepare another smartphone, whether it is borrowed or owned. If you have a laptop/computer device at home, you can also use it.
- Just open the website https://findmymobile.samsung.com
- Login using a Samsung account on your lost cellphone.
- Let the website do its job to track the whereabouts of your Samsung cellphone.
- Then, after a while, the web will immediately display the point where your Samsung cellphone is located.
- The display itself is in the form of Maps or Maps, so you must understand how to read the location map to find your Samsung cellphone again.
Tracking Lost Samsung Phones with ADM
What is ADM? ADM stands for Android Device Manager which is used to find and find lost android phones. ADM can also be used to track the whereabouts of a lost Samsung cellphone, whether it’s turned off or on. How to use it is as follows:
- Borrow your friend’s/family’s android smartphone. Or, you can use a laptop/computer if you have one at home.
- To start the steps, open the browser on the device you are currently using. It is recommended that you open Google Chrome.
- Then, visit the Android Device Manager website with the URL link www.google.com/android/devicemanager
- Login using the Google account embedded in the lost Samsung cellphone.
- After that, the website will immediately display the location of your lost Samsung cellphone in detail with a map and location point.
- Click the location point shown, then you will be redirected to Google Maps to direct you to the location of your cellphone.
- If the location point is still in your own house, it’s likely tucked away. Now, you can click PLAY SOUND on the Android Device Manager website to ring your phone. Your device will keep ringing for 5 minutes even if it is off.
- If you’re worried, the Android Device Manager web also provides a phone lock feature. Just click on SECURE DEVICE so that your lost device is locked automatically and log out of all your Google accounts.
Using Google Find My Device
- Download and install the Google Find My Device application on your other android (which is currently used).
- Once installed, you can immediately open and run the application.
- Login using a Google account on a lost Samsung cellphone.
- Wait a few moments for the application to run its job.
- After that, the Google Find My Device application will immediately display the location of your lost Samsung cellphone.
- After that, you can immediately check and find out the location of your Samsung cellphone.
That’s all that can be reviewed regarding various ways to track a lost Samsung cellphone via Gmail, the most complete. If it’s useful, you can share this article with your friends.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.