Read Instagram Messages Without Marking As Seen
If you want to see read Instagram messages without marking as seen then here is the guide. Although Instagram doesn’t allow its users to hide read receipts there are several ways to read messages without marking them as read. We have mentioned those useful tricks which will let you see the DMs without knowing them.
Read Instagram Messages
We have mentioned only those tricks that work perfectly fine as of now. Whether you use Instagram’s restrict feature, disable your internet, or even use third-party services every trick is working great.
1. Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen by Restricting
Instagram has a feature called restrict a user, the feature has been introduced to secure the platform by restricting the bullies. When you restrict a person, Instagram hides their comments on your posts from other people, and their messages get moved to the requests section.
Now, as the messages are moved to the request section, reading those messages doesn’t mark them as seen. The other person will never get to know whether you have read the message or not.
We have given stop by step guide on how to read Instagram messages using the restriction feature:
First, open the Instagram application on your mobile phone.
Now, Navigate to the person’s profile whose direct messages you want to read without marking them as seen.
- Tap on the three-dot menu option at the top right corner.
- You’ll see Restrict option, tap on the Restrict option.
- Then, click on Restrict Account to confirm.
- Once it’s done, click on the Message button on the person’s profile.
- Now, you’ll be able to read all the Instagram messages without letting the other person know.
- Once you have read those messages, go back to their profile and unrestricted them. The messages will still not be marked as seen, and this way you can take your own time to respond.
2. Turn Off Wifi/ Data to Hide Instagram Read Receipts
This is the simplest way to read messages without knowing them, you just have to turn off your data and you’ll be able to read messages. But remember that it doesn’t work well with media files like photos and videos. Also, the messages will be marked as read as soon as you go back online.
Here’s the step by step guide:
- First of all, turn off your mobile data and your wifi connection.
- Now open the Instagram app navigate to the message tab, read the message.
- Now, before connecting to the internet again you have to do one thing; if you are an Android user, go to their phone’s Settings > Apps > Instagram > Force Stop it so that it no longer runs in the background.
- Once it’s done, you can now connect to the internet. You see the message won’t be marked as seen unless you open the Instagram app.
- If you are an iPhone user, I’ll suggest staying offline until you’re ready to deal with the message because as soon as you go online, it’ll be marked as read.
3. Disable Internet and Log Out
The method is quite similar to the previous one but in this method, you don’t carry the risk of marking the message as seen if you accidentally go online.
Also Read: 8 Hacks To View Private Instagram Accounts Instantly- Best In 2022
Let’s see how it works:
- First, turn off your mobile data and wifi connection.
- Now, open the Instagram app and navigate to the massage.
- After reading the message, go to Instagram’s setting while staying offline, scroll to the bottom and tap Log Out.
- Either you can go to the phone settings and directly deleted the app data from the settings.
- Once you have logged out from the app, you can connect back to the internet.
4. Read Instagram DMs Secretly using Third-Party Services
Some third-party applications connect with your Instagram account and let you read the message without letting the other user know.
You can use the AirGrow application to do the same. Although, we generally don’t prefer this method because the method is pretty easy and this method can also compromise your security.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.