How To Move Nintendo Switch Games To SD Card
In general, there are two ways to Move Nintendo Switch Games to SD Card: from one console to another and from the system to a microSD card. However, stored data can only be transferred in one way.
Due to its low internal storage capacity, an SD card is a solution to continuously downloading games on the Nintendo Switch. If you’ve filled up your video game memory, you can choose which games to move to the SD card (or vice versa, to transfer games back to the console).
This tutorial will help you determine how to move Nintendo Switch game data to your SD card. Read on to learn more:
How to Move Nintendo Switch Games to SD Card
Note that the tutorial below will only work if the Switch is on version 10.0.0.
- Go to Nintendo Switch settings, in the gear icon on the home screen;
- Select “Data Management” in the left column;
- Then access the option “Move Data Between Systems / microSD Card” (move data between system and microSD card);
- Then choose whether to send from Switch to card or from SD to system;
- Choose which game or application to move;
- Touch “Move Data”;
- Confirm the action and wait for the process to complete.
Keep in mind that moving a Nintendo switch game or app to an SD card or Switch does not make that location the default location for future updates or installs.
Game save data cannot be migrated. On the other hand, apart from the games and applications themselves, update files, DLCs, and screenshots or videos can be saved on the card.
How to Transfer Game Data From one Nintendo Switch To Another Nintendo Switch
If you have a new console or just want to transfer your data from one switch to another, there is a process for doing that. But you’ll need a Switch console and a Nintendo account for that to happen.
In the console where you move data:
1. Open the Switch Home menu and select System Settings.
2. Scroll down to Users.
3. Scroll down and select Transfer Your User and Save Data.
4. Select Next and then Next again.
5. You will see here options for Source Console or Target Console. Select Console source (Source Console)
6. Select Continue.
How to Update the Nintendo Switch
If the Switch does not update automatically, do the following:
- Access settings via the gear icon on the home screen;
- Select the “System” option in the menu on the left;
- Access the item “System Updates”.
If there is an error updating, Nintendo recommends that players restart the video game and try again.
To restart the Switch, simply hold down the Power button for a few seconds until the power off option appears on the screen.
That’s all I share a tutorial on how to move Nintendo Switch game data to an SD card. If there are any further questions, please comment below.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.