How To Install Android Studio On PC
Are you a developer who is learning to make applications on Android? You must be looking for information on how to install Android Studio. Smartphones have become one of the mandatory devices whose use cannot be separated in everyday life.
Not only that, the existence of an Android smartphone is good news for everyone who is looking for a quality gadget. You can buy it at a low price but the specifications are no less competitive with other smartphones.
The Android operating system is indeed the most widely used worldwide, while developers have the opportunity to develop Android OS applications. In addition, its features are more complete than any smartphone currently competing.
It is undeniable that Android smartphones have attracted more than 5 billion users in various parts of the world, including India. Don’t be surprised if any developer tries to create a good Android application to pamper smartphone users to enjoy multitasking gadgets every day.
What is Android Studio?
Android Studio is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for developing various Android applications. Android Studio is one of the world’s giant search engines, Google, which is JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA to be precise.
In 2013, Google officially announced Android Studio as an IDE for the development of various Android applications. Its presence makes developers and startups able to present any application according to their respective interests.
You must be confused why you can make applications through the very large Android OS. Therefore, you must know how to install Android Studio which is the ‘brain’ of all Android applications that you are currently using.
If a developer or startup forces themselves to make Android applications without this software, the results may be ugly and impossible. Therefore, you have to keep installing and using it to get the best results according to your own wishes.
Why Should You Download Android Studio?
- It can be understood by someone who has a programming business, both experts to beginners who are learning.
- Assist in the application development process with hint features and bug detection.
- Can make your own application or just a trial.
- Develop applications based on Android, Android Wear, Android TV, and more.
- Understand and deepen knowledge about programming languages, especially for Android.
Terms of Using Android Studio
- RAM is a minimum of 3 GB, but it is better to use 8 GB of RAM.
- Microsoft Windows version 7, 8, or 10 with 32 and 64 Bit.
- Java Development Kit 8.
- Minimum Screen Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels.
- The minimum storage capacity is 2 GB, but it is better to use 4 GB with details of 500 MB (IDE) and 1.5 GB (Android SDK and emulator system image).
Android Studio features
- Support C++ and NDK.
- ProGuard integration.
- Templates for Android components and designs.
- Effective Layout Editor with a drag and drop system.
- Lint Tools to check for problems, performance, compatibility, and application functionality.
- Instant Run to push changes to the best apps without creating new APKs.
- An environment that supports Android OS application development.
- Flexible Gradle-based system.
- Responsive, fast emulator backed by several full features.
- Code templates and useful GitHub integration create app features and import sample code.
- Google Cloud Platform support for Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine integration.
- Support for developing applications on Android War as well as Android TV.
How to Install Android Studio
For every developer who really wants to create Android applications, they must use a special IDE. Therefore, you have to use one of the popular software called Android Studio. You also need to know how to install Android Studio properly and correctly.
Not only that, the tutorials can be done by anyone, even beginners who have just been in the world of technology like this. You are quite careful while doing it so that the results of the application created can produce the best results.
Developers do have to use the software to create various kinds of Android applications. Apart from that, it’s simple to use so you can generate any app for inclusion in the Google Play Store.
Not a few people who are using it for the first time have to take a long time to just install it. Even so, you should still look for the best and most trusted tutorial on how to install Android Studio so that the application creation process can run quickly.
How to Install Android Studio for Beginners
- Download Android Studio through the developer.android.com/studio page first.
- When it is downloaded, open the application and the display will change to a pop-up notification.
- Klik Next.
- Then, you will be instructed to select additional components by selecting the Android Virtual Device (AVD) menu.
- Klik Next.
- Specify the installation location via your device, for example, C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio.
- If the installation location has been determined, click Next.
- You can change the name of the Android Studio application to whatever name you want to display on the Start Menu.
- Next, click Install.
- Wait a few moments until the installation process is successful.
- If you have previously installed Android Studio, click Next.
- If the installation process is successful, click Finish.
How to Install SDK Android Studio
SDK is a set of tools and software used by developers to create applications through their respective platforms. We recommend that you make sure the device is connected to the internet before installing this program, while the method for installing the Android Studio SDK is:
- Next, a dialog box for importing data will appear, click Don’t Import Settings.
- Click OK.
- Wait a few moments until the process is complete.
- Then, you will be directed to the Android Studio page.
- Klik Next.
- You will see two types of installation options namely Standard (you will get default settings and additional installations from Adobe Studio) and Custom (you can choose the desired additional components and settings).
- To prevent various unnecessary applications from being installed, click Custom.
- Klik Next.
- Please specify the DJK storage location, click Next.
- You have to choose the display on the Android Studio dashboard which consists of two options namely Light (white theme) and Darcula (dark theme).
- If the theme is already selected, click Next.
- If you choose Custom settings, you will be required to select DSK and adjust it with the desired additional components.
- Klik Next.
- Next, choose a minimum RAM of 4 GB so that the emulator process can run well.
- When RAM is selected, click Next.
- You will receive information about additional SDK components and their file sizes.
- Klik Finish.
- Wait a few moments until the download process is complete.
- If the download and installation process is successful, you can start the first project to create an Android OS-based application.
This is a discussion about how to install Android Studio that any developer and startup must understand and know. Use our tutorial so you can build your first project to create an Android-based application for all smartphone users to enjoy.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.