How To Hide Apps On Android Device
Hide Apps on Android without root: App locks are great for preventing people from accessing your apps and other personal data, but have you ever felt the need to hide apps entirely? There may be situations in which you have applications that you do not want your parents or friends to find on your phone.
Some smartphones come with a built-in feature for hiding apps, but you can use a third-party app for the same purpose if your phone doesn’t have that feature built-in. Read this article to know how you can hide applications on any Android device and that too, without having to take care of your phone. Here are some applications that can solve this problem.
3 Ways To Hide Apps On Android Device Without Root
Nova Launcher is a very useful launcher that you can download from the Play Store. Nova Launcher basically replaces your original home screen with your custom screen, allowing you to hide certain apps on your device. It has both a free version and the main version that is paid for. We will talk about both.
This version has a neat way of preventing people from knowing that you use a particular application. It doesn’t actually hide the app in the app drawer but renames it in the app drawer so that no one can identify it. To use this app,
- Install the Nova Launcher from the Play Store.
- Restart the phone and select Nova Launcher as your launcher application.
- Now go to the application drawer and long press on the application you want to hide.
- Tap the “Edit” option from the list.
- Enter a new label for the app you want to use as the name for this app from now on. Write a common name that does not attract much attention.
- Also, touch the icon to change it.
- Now, tap on “Built-in” to choose an application icon from the ones that already exist on your phone or tap on “Gallery apps” to select an image.
- Once you are done, tap on “Done.”
- Now the identity of your application has been changed and no one can find it. Note that even if someone searches for the app by its old name, it will not appear in the search results. So you can start now.
If you want to hide apps on Android without root (instead of renaming them), you can buy the professional version of Nova Launcher.
- Install the Nova Launcher Prime version from Play Store.
- Restart your phone and allow the necessary permissions.
- Go to the app drawer and open the Nova settings.
- Tap on “App and Widget Drawers”.
5. At the bottom of the screen, you will find an option to “Hide apps” in the “Drawer groups” section.
6. Tap this option to select one or more apps you want to hide.
7. Now hidden apps will not be visible in the app drawer.
This is the easiest way to use to hide apps on Rootless Android, but if for some reason this doesn’t work for you or you don’t like the interface, you can try Apex Launcher to hide apps.
- Install Apex Launcher from Play Store.
- Launch the application and configure all necessary customizations.
- Select Apex Launcher as your startup application.
- Now, tap on “Apex Settings” on the home screen.
- Click on “Hidden applications”.
6. Tap the button ”Add hidden apps”.
7. Select one or more apps you want to hide.
8. Click on “Hide application”.
9. Your application will be hidden from the application drawer.
10. Please note that if someone searches for that app, it will not appear in the search results.
So with Apex launcher, you can easily hide the apps from your Android device, but if you don’t want to use any kind of launcher, you can use another app called Calculator Vault to hide the apps.
CALCULATOR VAULT: HIDE APP
This is another extremely useful app to hide apps on Android without the need to root the phone. Please note that this application is not a launcher. Calculator Vault is an easy-to-use application and what it does is truly amazing. Now, this app hides your apps by cloning them to its own vault so that you can delete the original app from your device. The application you want to hide will stay in the vault.
Not only that, but this app is also capable of hiding itself (you don’t want someone to find out that you’re using an app cache, right?). So what it does is, this app appears in your default launcher as a “Calculator” app. When someone opens the app, all they see is a calculator, which is actually a fully functional calculator. However, by pressing a particular set of keys (your password), you will be able to go to the actual application. To use this app,
- Install the calculator vault from Play Store.
- Launch the application.
- You will be asked to enter a 4-digit password for the application.
- Once you type in the password, you will be taken to a calculator as a screen where you have to enter the password that you have set in the previous step. Every time you want to access this application, you will have to enter this password.
5. From here you will be taken to the App Hider vault.
6. Click the Import Apps button.
7. You will see the list of applications on your device arranged alphabetically.
8. Select one or more apps you want to hide.
9. Click on “Import Applications”.
10. The application will be added to this vault. You can access the application form here. Now, you can delete the original application from your device.
11. That’s it. Your application is now hidden and protected from strangers.
12. Using these apps, you can easily hide your private stuff from anyone.
Hope this article was helpful and now you can easily hide apps on Android Without Root, but if you still have any questions regarding this tutorial, feel free to ask them in the comment section.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.