Fix Uplay Games Not Launching Error
If you are also annoyed by the Uplay games not launching error then you should keep reading! We have the best solutions for you!
Uplay or Ubisoft Connect is a client for Ubisoft games. It offers all the Ubisoft games and people love to play them. But most of the players are always complaining about the Uplay application.
It is because it is filled with bugs and all sorts of problems. Players mention that they can not play games peacefully on Ubisoft connect. Some even mentioned that when they try to open the Uplay client, the application crashes without opening. These problems are very annoying and we all have dealt with them. But not anymore!
Because we have solutions to fix the Uplay not launching issue. We have gathered the 5 best ways to fix this issue. The given solutions are tested and used by several players facing the same problem.
So if you also want to get rid of the Ubisoft Connect launch issue, you shouldn’t miss out on this blog!
What Causes the Uplay, not Launching Error?
Several things can trigger the Uplay error. Some of the most common ones are:
- Corrupted Cache files
- Not giving complete permission
- Outdated Graphic Drivers
- Missing files
All of the above-mentioned reasons can cause launching issues. Based on them, we have taken the best solutions. So make sure to follow them properly.
Fix 1. Clear Corrupted Cache
The first major problem that causes launching issues is the corrupted cache files. If you have corrupted cache files and you don’t know about them then they could be causing issues.
They can disturb the normal working of the application. So to fix this issue, you need to clear all the cache files out. Don’t worry, your system files will be safe. These are just temporary files that you need to clear. If you are not familiar with the procedure then follow the given steps.
- Close the Uplay application and then go to your file manager. Now, search for Program files in the C drive.
- Click on the Program Files (x86) and further select Ubisoft.
- Now, from the Ubisoft folder, click on Ubisoft Game.
- Now, open the cache folder and delete all the files inside that folder.
- Once done, restart your system and try to open the Uplay client. If the problem was with cache files, your app should work fine now.
Fix 2. Run in Compatibility Mode
If your cache files are not corrupted then you should try running the Uplay client in Compatibility mode. Because compatibility issues can also cause several problems including the Uplay not launching error.
- To run Uplay in compatibility mode, go to the installed file of Uplay in your file manager.
- Right-click on Uplay and you will see a menu. Click on properties.
- From the top of the properties window, click on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this Program in the Compatibility of Mode box and then click on OK.
• Restart your system and you are good to go.
Now, open the Uplay client and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 3. Make Sure Graphics Drivers are Updated
If you have outdated graphics drivers, you need to update them immediately. Because it could be the main problem here. You should try updating them. If you have NVidia Drivers then follow these steps:
- Open the NVidia Geforce and head to the driver’s tab.
- Now, click on the Check for Updates option. If there is an update available, install it and then try to run the Uplay client.
If the problem is not fixed and you are still facing the Uplay not launching error, then you should try the next solution.
Fix 4. Install C Runtime Library Files
In this fix, we are going to install the C Runtime Library Files. If you didn’t know it before, these files are critical and if some of them are missing or corrupted then you can face many kinds of problems. So the next thing you need to do is Install the Universal C Runtime Library Files. Follow the given steps.
- To get the C Runtime Library Files, open this link and download the Universal C Runtime Library File that is compatible with your operating system.
- Once downloaded, locate the downloaded file and right-click on it. Now click on Run As Administrator.
- Lastly, restart your system and then try to launch Uplay.
Fix 5. Reinstall Uplay
If you failed to fix the Uplay not launching error by following the above-given methods then the most suitable thing to do is to reinstall Uplay client.
This can be frustrating but there is nothing you can do besides reinstalling it. This will fix all types of corrupted and missing files and your problem will eventually fix.
Uplay is one of the worst-rated gaming client services. Though it is getting better slowly, there are several problems that players face daily. In this blog, we have discussed a similar problem.
It is the Uplay not launching error. We have mentioned 5 ways to fix Ubisoft Connect launching issue. You can check them out above.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the founder and owner of Gizmo Concept, a leading technology news and review site. With over 10 years of experience in the tech industry, Mustafa started Gizmo Concept in 2017 to provide honest, in-depth analysis and insights on the latest gadgets, apps, and tech trends.
A self-proclaimed “tech geek,” Mustafa first developed a passion for technology as a computer science student at the Hi-Tech Institute of Engineering & Technology. After graduation, he worked at several top tech firms leading product development teams and honing his skills as both an engineer and innovator. However, he always dreamed of having his own platform to share his perspectives on the tech world.
With the launch of Gizmo Concept, Mustafa has built an engaged community of tech enthusiasts who look to the site for trusted, informed takes on everything from smartphones to smart homes. Under his leadership, Gizmo Concept has become a top destination for tech reviews, news, and expert commentary.
Outside of running Gizmo Concept, Mustafa is an avid traveler who enjoys experiencing new cultures and tech scenes worldwide. He also serves as a tech advisor and angel investor for several startups. Mustafa holds a B.S. in Computer Science from HIET.