How To Enable WiFi On A Laptop Or PC
Connected to the internet is a must in this era. Therefore, you must know how to activate WiFi on a laptop, so you can connect to the internet anytime and anywhere.
Many don’t realize there are several options that can be done to connect WiFi to a laptop or PC.
There are at least 4 easy ways to activate WiFi, especially on a laptop with Windows 10.
1. Enable WiFi with WiFi Button
Every laptop is equipped with a button designed to make it easier for users. One of them is a button to connect wifi to a laptop. The dedicated WiFi button is only available on old school laptops, while newer laptops usually have combined the WiFi button with the function keys (F1-F12).
Here’s how to activate wifi with the wifi button.
- Look for the WiFi button around the laptop keyboard (usually on the top row)
- Wait a few moments and check the connection.
2. Enable WiFi with the Fn Button
Turning on WiFi on a laptop can also be done by pressing several buttons simultaneously.
Here are 3 ways that you can try on a Windows 10 laptop device, each laptop brand can have different key combinations.
- Press Fn + F1 Keys
- Press Fn + F12 Keys
- Press Fn Key + Wifi Icon Button
3. Enable WiFi with the WiFi Icon in Windows Tray
The normal Windows tray is a place to connect WiFi to a laptop. There you can click the WiFi icon to connect to a wifi connection.
How to activate it? Here’s a brief explanation.
- Go to the tray at the bottom corner of the laptop screen.
- Click the Wifi icon.
- Make sure the icon is blue, it indicates that WiFi is active.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off.
- If there is a WiFi network nearby, the laptop will automatically detect it.
4. Enable WiFi via Start Menu
If you don’t find the WiFi icon on the keyboard or windows tray, you can turn on the laptop WiFi via the start menu.
Previously, there are several steps that need to be understood. Anything? Here’s the explanation.
- Right-click on the start menu on the left side.
- Then click network connection.
- From the options that appear, select “Wifi” instead of “Ethernet“.
- Immediately activate the new settings by right-clicking >> click enable.
- Pay attention to the Wifi Icon (the full icon means that the wifi was activated on the laptop successfully).
Wifi connection is a basic requirement in this era. Anyone needs to be connected to the internet for smooth activities. One way to do this is by using a wifi connection.
No need to call an IT expert, you can try the 4 ways to activate wifi on a windows 10 laptop yourself. That way the laptop can connect to a wifi network anywhere and anytime.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the founder and owner of Gizmo Concept, a leading technology news and review site. With over 10 years of experience in the tech industry, Mustafa started Gizmo Concept in 2017 to provide honest, in-depth analysis and insights on the latest gadgets, apps, and tech trends.
A self-proclaimed “tech geek,” Mustafa first developed a passion for technology as a computer science student at the Hi-Tech Institute of Engineering & Technology. After graduation, he worked at several top tech firms leading product development teams and honing his skills as both an engineer and innovator. However, he always dreamed of having his own platform to share his perspectives on the tech world.
With the launch of Gizmo Concept, Mustafa has built an engaged community of tech enthusiasts who look to the site for trusted, informed takes on everything from smartphones to smart homes. Under his leadership, Gizmo Concept has become a top destination for tech reviews, news, and expert commentary.
Outside of running Gizmo Concept, Mustafa is an avid traveler who enjoys experiencing new cultures and tech scenes worldwide. He also serves as a tech advisor and angel investor for several startups. Mustafa holds a B.S. in Computer Science from HIET.