How To Delete Gmail Account From Phone
If you are looking for the complete guide to delete a Gmail account from the phone because it is a bit hard to find out the option to remove the Gmail account from the mobile phone. People try weird methods to remove the Gmail account from the mobile phone like resetting the device or completely formatting the device. If you had read this article then you would not have needed to do these kinds of things.
We have explained completely in this article how you can delete a Gmail account from your Android mobile phone. If you remove it in the right way, you’ll be able to use it with a web browser, and you can even reconnect the account later if you change your mind.
Note: Instructions are the same for all Android versions and devices across all manufacturers, although menus and options might differ a bit.
How to Delete a Gmail Account From an Android Device
Here are the simple steps to remove the Gmail account from your android device:
- Head over to the Settings and then tap on the Accounts option.
- In the Accounts option, select the Gmail account which you want to remove.
- Click on the Remove Account.
- Then confirm it with a click on Remove Account.
How to Keep Gmail But Stop Emails
This guide is for those people who don’t want to remove the Gmail account from their device but want to stop the email. The step-by-step complete guide is listed below:
- Open Settings and click on the Accounts option or Users & Accounts on some devices.
- Click on the Gmail account, You may need to click on Gmail first on some mobile devices.
- Click on the Sync Account option.
- Now, scroll down to the Gmail option and click on the toggle button which is next to it to disable Gmail from syncing to your phone. Some mobile devices might call this setting Sync Gmail.
How to Turn Off Gmail Notifications
If you want to keep the Google account on your phone and receive Gmail messages, but don’t receive new mail alerts, follow these simple and easy steps:
- Open the Gmail app, tap the hamburger button (three horizontal lines) in the upper-left corner.
- Scroll down and click on the Settings option.
- Click on the relevant account.
- Select notification options then click on none to turn off the notification.
Problems Removing a Google Account From an Android Phone
These instructions work for most Android phones but you might run into problems:
- When you get to step four, you might need to click on the Overflow Menu icon (the three vertically placed dots) to access the option to remove your account.
- If you are having trouble removing the primary Gmail account —the one you used when you first set up your phone—try adding a new Gmail account, setting it as the primary account, and deleting the unwanted one. So, if that doesn’t work, you have to factory reset your device and the process will also remove all the data from your mobile phone so make sure to back up the data first.
Which access you will lose if you remove the Gmail Account
If you remove the Gmail Account which is tied with the Google Play Store in the same device. you will lose access to apps and content that you purchased from the Google Play Store. You’ll also lose access to emails, photos, calendars, and any other data tied to that Gmail account. So think twice before removing Gmail from your Android device.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.