How To Delete A Google Account On Android
If you want to delete a Gmail account on Android, it’s a relatively fast and easy job. There are several ways to delete a Google account on an Android phone that you can try to delete unused accounts.
But before that, there are several factors that you need to pay attention to. After deleting your Google account on your Android phone, you will lose access to applications and content that you have purchased from the Google Play Store. You also cannot access e-mails, photos, maps, calendars, and other data connected to the Google account.
To get the data back, you just need to log in to the google account on your android phone again. This method is often used if you want to move data from an old Android to a new Android phone.
In addition, deleting a Google account on Android is arguably something that must be done when you are going to sell the Android phone. The reason is the Google account stores all your data such as activities to history.
Read More: How To Change The Default Google Account
How to Delete a Google Account on an Android Phone
Delete your Gmail or Google account can be done by accessing your android settings menu. You only need to follow a few steps below to delete the desired google account.
Here are the steps to delete a Gmail account on an android phone:
- First, open Android Settings.
- Scroll down until you find the Account menu, tap the menu.
- Tap Sync and look for the Google logo.
- Select the Google account that you want to delete.
- Tap the menu below and select Delete Account.
The steps for deleting a Google account on Android above may differ depending on the version, operating system, and brand used on your Android. However, the tutorial above will not be much different from Android in general.
Factory Reset is a feature that is present on almost every new Android. A factory reset works to restore all the android cellphone settings to become the initial or factory default settings.
How to remove a google android account by factory reset:
- First access the android Settings menu.
- Open the privacy menu.
- Tap the Factory reset option or restore to factory settings.
- Enter the password when prompted.
- Wait for the reset process to complete.
- Now the Google account has been successfully removed from Android.
By resetting the Google account on Android, the Android phone will return to like new. All settings and changes in android will be deleted and including saved google accounts.
Deleting the DB Account File
In the third method, this can only be tried for rooted Android phones. This method requires deleting files that are in the Android system, which will make the Google account removed from Android.
How to delete a Google account on a root Android phone:
- Run the Root Explorer application on your Android.
- Then access to the android system folder.
- Look for a file named account. DB
- After that delete the file.
- Once removed, restart your Android device.
- After the cellphone is back on, the google account on Android has been deleted.
This method will completely delete all Google accounts on your Android phone. When you have followed the guidelines above, you will be given a display to log in to your Google account because there is no Google account connected to the Android.
So many articles about how to delete a Google account on an Android phone. You can use the method that suits your needs by following the steps described above.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and Blogger Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Expert as well as an Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy the free moment with family members and friends.