Deactivate Or Delete Instagram Account
Are you looking for a way to deactivate or delete your Instagram account due to privacy concerns, experiencing cyberbullying, or are you just taking a break from social media? Whatever the reason, in this guide you will learn all about deactivating and deleting Instagram accounts.
Instagram is a photo-sharing app that is rated as the best app among all social media sites. On Instagram, users upload photos and share them with their friends or with everyone. Additionally, users can upload a story that is a series of photos.
These days, almost everyone is on Instagram, but some people might want to take a break from social media for some reason. If you want to delete or deactivate your Instagram account, then you are in the right place to wait for it.
When deleting your Instagram account one thing to keep in mind after deleting your account is that all your photos, videos, and stories will be permanently deleted. So now, let’s dive into how to temporarily delete or deactivate your Instagram account.
Read More: What Is The Difference Between CC And BCC In Email
How to deactivate Instagram account?
Access your account on Instagram.com
First of all, you need to log into your account with Instagram.com, as you cannot delete your account from the Instagram app. Open Instagram.com on your mobile or desktop. You just need to enter your username and password or login through your Facebook account.
Open Instagram Delete your account page
1. Visit Instagram Delete Your Account page.
2. It will ask you for a reason to delete your Instagram account. You have to choose a reason from the drop-down menu right next to the question. You can choose between the reasons or you can choose nothing (-) which is the first option on the list.
3. After choosing a reason, some articles will be displayed that can help you find the solution to the problem you are deleting your account for. These reasons can help you resolve the issue without deleting your account. If you find it appropriate, you can click on the article and find the help that is offered in it.
Warning: Once you delete your account, you will not be able to use the same username to sign up for Instagram again. All your photos and videos will be deleted and Instagram will not be able to reactivate the deleted accounts either.
4. But if you still want to delete your account, then retype your Instagram account password and click the “Permanently delete my account” button at the bottom.
Note: If you have trouble remembering your password, click the I forgot my password link and a link will be sent to your registered email with which you can access your account again.
With this your account and the related images and videos will be permanently deleted, also your entire list of followers will be deleted and they will no longer follow you. This is how your Instagram account and all the information related to it are permanently deleted.
How to deactivate your Instagram account
Deactivating your Instagram account means that you are not deleting your account as it will only be temporarily deactivated and your profile will not be visible to anyone. However, when you want to access your account again, it will be automatically reactivated and your profile will be visible again and will function in the same way as before deactivation.
An account can only be deactivated once a week. To reactivate the account, just log in with the same credentials and it will be reactivated. To deactivate your Instagram temporarily follow these steps:
- Access your account with Instagram.com on your mobile or desktop, since with the Instagram application you cannot temporarily deactivate the account. Open Instagram.com in your browser and log in with your credentials or you can also log in with your Facebook account.
Do you have problems? Learn what to do when you forget your Instagram password or contact the Instagram Help Center directly.
2. Click on your name on the right side of the screen and then click the Edit Profile button.
Note: Or you can directly visit the temporary deactivation page of your account.
3. In the Edit my profile section, click the Temporarily deactivate my account link at the bottom of the screen.
4. Once you click the Temporarily deactivate my account link, it will ask you for a reason to deactivate your account. Select a reason from the drop-down menu.
5. Now retype the password for your Instagram account and click the Temporarily disable account button. And your Instagram account will be deactivated.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, click on “I forgot my password” and an access link will be sent to your registered email.
Reactivate your Instagram account
If you have recently deactivated your Instagram account and want to reactivate it, you can easily do so. To reactivate your Instagram account, just go to Instagram.com and log in with the credentials of your Instagram account that you were using before deactivating the account. It’s that simple to reactivate your account. Please note that the Instagram account can only be deactivated once a week.
So, these are the steps through which you can delete your account permanently or deactivate it temporarily. But if you still have any questions about this tutorial, feel free to ask them in the comment section.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the founder and owner of Gizmo Concept, a leading technology news and review site. With over 10 years of experience in the tech industry, Mustafa started Gizmo Concept in 2017 to provide honest, in-depth analysis and insights on the latest gadgets, apps, and tech trends.
A self-proclaimed “tech geek,” Mustafa first developed a passion for technology as a computer science student at the Hi-Tech Institute of Engineering & Technology. After graduation, he worked at several top tech firms leading product development teams and honing his skills as both an engineer and innovator. However, he always dreamed of having his own platform to share his perspectives on the tech world.
With the launch of Gizmo Concept, Mustafa has built an engaged community of tech enthusiasts who look to the site for trusted, informed takes on everything from smartphones to smart homes. Under his leadership, Gizmo Concept has become a top destination for tech reviews, news, and expert commentary.
Outside of running Gizmo Concept, Mustafa is an avid traveler who enjoys experiencing new cultures and tech scenes worldwide. He also serves as a tech advisor and angel investor for several startups. Mustafa holds a B.S. in Computer Science from HIET.