How To Change IG Name On Android
Instagram identifies you in two different ways, using your display name and username. You have the opportunity to change your display name and username at any time. IG name can be changed from the website and mobile. You can change the display name as you wish.
However, you will need to select an IG name that has not been used before in the username section. In this article, we take a closer look at the steps for changing the username with the Instagram application. Then, we answered the question about how to change the IG username on the PC.
How to Change IG Name on Android and iPhone
How to change the IG name on Android and iPhone is very easy. The things you need to do are as follows;
- Enter the application from your phone.
- Go to your profile page
- Select edit profile from the settings menu edit profile.
- Click Edit profile.
- Now click on the username that is there. Type in the username that you want to change.
- Please note that the same username cannot be used by more than one person. Therefore, if the username you chose has been used by someone else, the system will not allow you to accept it. You can customize your username by adding letters, numbers, or a similar icon next to it, and you can get a username close to the username you want.
- Click OK after typing the selectable username. This will change your IG username.
Read More: How To Reset Instagram Password
How to Change IG Name on PC
You can follow the steps below to change your Instagram username on pc;
- Turn on your computer and then you can open any browser screen. You can use any browser including google, safari, fireworks, or crome to change your Instagram username on your PC.
- After opening your browser, log in to Instagram.com.
- When this page opens, it will ask you to log in to your account if you haven’t logged in before. If you have logged into your account via a browser before, it will open.
- After logging into your account, go to your profile page.
- On this page, go to the edit profile section.
- Click where your username is written on this page.
- Delete your username here and type in the username you wish to change. If the username you want to get is not used by someone else, you can get that username. However, you cannot get a username that is used by someone else.
- After selecting a suitable username, click on the ok button or apply.
Thus, you will change your IG username. You can change the username on Instagram via the mobile application, i.e. on the mobile, or you can easily do it from the PC via the website.
What to Consider When Creating a Username on Instagram?
- The existing username on the user cannot be taken the same but is sufficient to change even a single character.
- When purchasing a username, the maximum character limit is 30 characters. More than 30 characters cannot be used in the username.
- Instagram may restrict users who contain expletive and derogatory items in their username. For this reason, make sure your username doesn’t contain such an expression.
- Turkish characters cannot be used when getting a username. If you want to get usernames with characters like Ü, ö, ç, you can write them like u, o, c.
- Usernames can contain punctuation marks, but emojis cannot be included in usernames.
Usernames created with these rules are considered valid by Instagram and cause no problems, and they must not be someone with the same username as you. It is possible to change your username at any time. There are no special restrictions for changing usernames, you can change usernames as many times as you want at any time.
Creating a new username that closely resembles an existing username may confuse your profile with other profiles. Therefore, our recommendation is to create a truly unique Instagram username. By changing your IG name, your profile will be more unique and accessible.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.