Dell Factory Reset In Windows 10
Have problems while Dell factory resetting?
Today, I had some troubles in factory resetting my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I activate the facility button, then press the F8 key, it didn’t get the boot menu up to factory reset. What should I do to revive dell to factory settings? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. How to factory reset Dell laptop in Windows 10?
To repair or restore your Windows OS to its factory settings, it’s highly recommended to backup files if needed. Because the factory reset will delete everything you installed and stored after the acquisition, including your documents, pictures, videos, and other files. Or, you’ll leave it alone.
Fortunately, there are 2 solutions for you to factory reset Dell Inspiron 15 and other laptops, ask the following words:
Solution 1: Dell Factory Reset in Windows 10
If your Dell laptop boot normally, follows the steps to reset your Dell computers:
- Click the Search box at the desktop and input reset.
- Choose Reset this PC (System Settings) in the results.
- At the Reset, this PC section, select Get Started.
4. Select the Keep my files or Remove everything option according to your demands.
5. Click Reset to start Dell factory reset in Windows 10.
If your Dell PC got some troubles and could not boot into Windows 10/8/8.1, you have to boot the Dell laptop to Windows Recovery Environment (Win RE):
1. Start the computer, it will boot into WinRE mode automatically when Windows 10 can’t boot normally. Or press F8/F12 continuously while the computer starting until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
2. Click Troubleshoot in WinRE mode.
3. Select Reset this PC.
4. Then follow the on-screen instructions to factory reset Dell laptop without password (if you set up a password for your Dell PC) in Windows 10/8.1/8.
Sometimes. You may find there is no dell factory image restore option to perform a factory reset for Dell computers, don’t worry, it’s been solved.
Solution 2: Restore Dell Computer to default settings with powerful software
Apart from the above solution, you’ll create an initial backup with AOMEI OneKey Recovery at the primary time after you buy. Then restore Dell laptop, desktop, or other computers to default settings. AOMEI OneKey Recovery may be a professional software for Windows PCs and servers to onekey backup and restore Windows systems on any computer or laptop.
1. Press the F11 or A key to enter into AOMEI Recovery environment during system startup.
2. Then please select OneKey System Recovery on the main window.
3. Click Start Restore to perform Dell factory reset in Windows 7/8/10.
No Dell factory image: create system backup now
If you’ve got ever never used AOMEI OneKey Recovery, it’s highly recommended try now to make an AOMEI factory recovery partition just in case you’ve got to revive your Dell computers to the previous state:
1. Run AOMEI OneKey Recovery. Click OneKey System Backup on a home console.
2. Select a method to the backup system: Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition (Recommended) or Backup system to other location, and then click Next.
3. Choose a partition to store the AOMEI Recovery Partition that will be created afterwards, and press the Start Backup button to backup Windows 10/8/7 and other settings to that partition.
4. By the way, you could set up the shortcut (F11 or A key) to enter the AOMEI recovery environment by clicking the Setting icon at the upper right corner.
- AOMEI OneKey Recovery also applied to other brands of computers, like Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Toshiba, HP, Sony, etc.
- Some brands have the OneKey Recovery setting, like Lenovo, HP, etc. you’ll factory reset consistent with the precise steps from the official websites.
After you protected, you’ll restore Dell computers to factory settings if required someday.
A Hard Reset Fix Most of the Problems
If your Dell PC does not work properly, like not power on or boot into Windows operating system, try a hard reset first, it will fix many problems usually:
1. Turn off your Dell laptop. Remove the AC adapter or power cord and take out the battery.
2. Disconnect all the external devices like USB drives, printer cables or CD/DVD, etc.
3. Press the power button for about 15-20 seconds to drain residual power.
4. Connect the AC adapter or power cord and the battery, and then see if your Dell PC is boot into the operating system.
To be honest, please backup daily to guard the info just in case of unexpected things. If you would like to backup entire disk drive, backup individual file, real-time sync files, etc. Just try AOMEI Backupper.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and Blogger Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Expert as well as an Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy the free moment with family members and friends.