Chrome error err_spdy_protocol_error
Fix Chrome error err_spdy_protocol_error: Google Chrome has several reported errors and one of them is err_spdy_protocol_error. In short, if you are faced with this error, you will not be able to visit the website and, along with this error, you will see the message “This website is not available”.
There can be several reasons why you are facing this error, but one of the most common seems to be the problem related to SPDY sockets. So without wasting any time, let’s see how to fix this error with the troubleshooting steps below.
Fix Chrome err_spdy_protocol_error
Make sure to create a restore point in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: SPDY Plugs
- Open Google Chrome and then visit this address:
2. Now click on “Flush socket pools” to flush the SPDY plugs.
3. Restart your browser and check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Method 2: Make sure your Chrome browser is up to date
- To update Google Chrome, click Three dots in the upper right corner of Chrome, select Help, and then click About Google Chrome.
- Now make sure Google Chrome is up to date, if not, you will see an update button, click on it.
This will update Google Chrome to its latest version, which might help you fix the Chrome err_spdy_protocol_error error.
Method 3: Clear DNS and renew IP address
- Right-click the Windows button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Now type the following command and hit enter after each one: (a) ipconfig /release (b) ipconfig /flushdns (c) ipconfig /renew
3. Open the Admin Command Prompt again and type the following and hit enter after each one:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nbtstat -r
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh Winsock reset
4. Restart to apply the changes. Cleaning the DNS seems to fix the Chrome error err_spdy_protocol_error.
Method 4: Clear Google Chrome Cache and History
- Open Google Chrome and press Ctrl + H to open the history.
- Then click Clear browsing data in the left panel.
3. Make sure “beginning of time” is selected in Obliterate the following items.
4. Also, check the following:
- Browsing history
- Download story
- Cookies and other data from studs and plugins
- Images and Cached Files
- Autofill form data
5. Now click Clear browsing data and wait for it to finish.
6. Close your browser and restart your PC.
Method 5: Run the Chrome Cleaning Tool
The official Google Chrome cleaning tool helps scan and remove software that may be causing the chrome problem, for example, crashes, unusual home pages or toolbars, unexpected ads that you cannot get rid of, or changes to the browsing experience.
That’s it, you have successfully fixed Chrome err_spdy_protocol_error, but if you still have any questions about this post, feel free to ask them in the comment section.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and Blogger Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Expert as well as an Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy the free moment with family members and friends.