Block Text Messages on Android Smartphones
Tired of getting annoying text messages from unknown numbers? Don’t worry, you can easily block text messages from a certain number on Andriod’s phone.
We send and receive text messages to communicate with people close to us. But we also get spam messages from companies, advertisements, and scams. All these unwanted messages can irritate you from time to time. But you can get rid of these annoying messages by blocking them from your phone.
There are many Android phone users, and all of these users have their messaging apps. So it becomes difficult for us to tell how to use the application to block your contacts on a specific version of Android. We have mentioned a general procedure that any android user can follow to block a number. If you are an android user and want to block any specific number of spam text messages, then this guide is for you.
How to block texts on android from a certain number on Android
The basic method to block any number that applies to all Android phones is using the built-in messaging app. The different ways to block a number on Android are:
Method 1: Block a number directly from the message
The easiest way to block SMS from a specific person is by blocking them directly from the conversation in which you received the messages. To block a specific number directly from the conversation, follow these steps:
1. Open the message application.
2. A list of messages you have received will open.
3. Touch the conversation of the number you want to block.
4. Tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner and select Settings.
5. Tap on the block number and messages in the Messages settings.
6. A menu will open.
7. Touch the Block numbers option.
8. Enter the number you want to block, or you can also touch the Inbox icon to select the number from the Inbox, or you can touch the Contacts option if you want to block a number saved in Contacts.
After completing all the steps, the number you have selected will be blocked, and you will no longer be able to receive messages from that number.
Method 2: Block text messages on Android using phone settings
To block any number using the Settings option, follow these steps:
1. Open the phone settings by touching the settings icon.
2. In Settings, find Block List in the search bar, and then touch the Call Settings Block List option.
3. Now choose the carrier of the sim for which you want to block the number and then touch the Blocked numbers option.
4. Tap add/add a new number to add a number to the block list.
5. A new dialog box will open. You can block any number using the following options:
NOTE: If you choose the Add phone number or Add prefix option, then you will have to enter the number or the prefix. If you choose the third option, that is, Add contacts, you will have to select the number you want to block from your contacts.
6. After entering the phone number or contact number, select the options below to block calls or SMS or both options to block the number, then press the OK button in the upper right corner.
7. The number will be added to the list of blocked numbers.
After completing these steps, you will not receive any SMS or calls from the number you just blocked.
Method 3: Block text messages using third-party apps
If you are unable to block SMS from a specific number with the methods listed above, you can block the number with a third-party app. Truecaller is one of those applications that can be used to block any message.
The steps to follow once you install the Truecaller application are:
1. Open the application and touch the icon in the upper left corner.
2. In the menu that opens, tap on the Settings option.
3. Tap on the Block option.
4. You can block any number by touching the plus sign on the screen. Four options will appear on the screen:
- Block a country code.
- Block the name of the sender of a message
- Block a series of numbers
- Block a number
5. With the Block a number option, you can enter the number you want to block and then touch the Block option.
6. If you want to block a country code, you must select the Block a country code option and then select the country code you want to block on the next screen.
7. You can also block a series of numbers or the name of the sender of a message by selecting that option, and then you can enter the series or the sender’s name on the next screen.
After completing these steps, the number will be blocked, and you will not receive any messages from that number.
Method 4: Bearer Assistance
You can also take the help of company assistance to block text messages from a certain number on Andriod. You can visit their website and then find out how to block a number, or you can contact them directly and ask them to block a number.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.