Best Free Antivirus For PC
There are some antivirus softwares to assist you to guard yourself against online threats, but finding an honest one is usually challenging. the subsequent antivirus for PC is free ones that provide basic features.
Let’s see what works for you.
Avira, with over many million users, is one of the immensely popular antiviruses available within the market. It is often customized consistent with our needs. The simplicity of its interface attracts tons of users.
Avira provides PC protection against viruses, malware, adware, spyware, backdoor program, phishing, etc.
- It includes Heuristic tools
- It allows you to start the antivirus program during the boot process
Verdict: Free useful add-ons, all-around protection, and the fastest quick scan are a few parameters that give Avira a winning edge.
Avast is an all-in-one antivirus software for shielding you from threats occurring via the web, email, local files, P2P connections, and far more.
Avast is one of the best antivirus software which provides constant virus protection, called on-access or resident protection for FREE.
- Provides One-access protection from viruses and other threats
- Easy installation
- It scans browser plugins to find installs that have a poor reputation
- ‘Heuristics Engine’ allows you to detect previously unknown viruses
- Includes a ‘silent mode’ which inhibits notifications to pop up on the screen
Verdict: It provides most of the features for all-around protection of your PC. However, you’ll see ads once during a long time and also got to register once per annum.
With proper encryption of files and password protection, Kaspersky’s Security Cloud does an excellent job of guarding your PC, Android, and IOS devices. It comes with top-notch security technologies which will automatically analyze real-time data and provide you with a warning whenever a threat is detected.
It can identify viruses, infected files, and even suspicious sites. Being free software, it’s usually not expected to receive updates, but Security Cloud does accompany automatic updates. What might be better than that!
Get real-time protection against threats with Adaware Antivirus. It scans your computer within the background for malicious activities, and you’ll even run individual scans on demand. Once it detects a possible threat, it prevents the malicious processes and notifies you of the applications that are creating such problems.
Apart from that, it has:
- Email protection to make sure all incoming and outgoing emails are clean
- Web protection to provide you with a warning if the website you’re visiting is unsafe
- Network protection that permits a firewall on your WiFi and residential networks
Another very useful feature is their parental control, which helps you restrict your children’s online activities to certain boundaries.
5. An all-in-one antivirusZoneAlarm
An all-in-one antivirus, ZoneAlarm does quite what you’d expect for a free service. It can block viruses and malware, assist you to browse online with no threats, protect your PC from hackers, and maintain your privacy at an equivalent time.
It can tackle threats like Trojan horses, spyware, viruses, worms, bots, and other different kinds. ZoneAlarm also safeguards your wireless networks with firewalls and provides you a great many options and customizations for the safety scans, so that you decide on what works best for your PC.
One of the foremost interesting features is that the Gamer Mode. It allows you to suppress any scans, updates, or requests while playing games so you’ll enjoy without interruptions.
AVG, an abbreviation for Anti-Virus Guard, developed by AVG Technologies, is a subsidiary of Avast Software. AVG recognized risks by matching them with those in its database.
AVG is excellent in detecting malware. However, it is relatively slower at performing system scans.
- Excellent malware blocking
- Do not track prevents advertisers from tracking your location
- Polished User Interface
- Blocks malicious URLs
- Live chat support along with email support
- Game mode to prevent notifications of updates and scans
Verdict: AVG antivirus has a Crisp User Interface bundled with high-quality backing along with other mainstream features.
Bitdefender, founded in 2001, provides all-around protection against Viruses, Malware, and Web issues. Virus definitions are regularly updated in the background.
The best thing about Bitdefender is that it does not lag your PC since it is very light. It is much easier to use because of its simplicity.
- It has a light or no impact on the performance of the system. It can work entirely in the background
- Email support
- Excellent protection against phishing
- No way to start a quick or scheduled scan
- On-access protection for viruses and malware
Verdict: If you need a straightforward antivirus tool without much fuss or customizability, Bitdefender is an appropriate choice for you.
8. Sophos Home
Sophos Home, founded by the Sophos group, provides commercial-grade security to home users for free.
Sophos protects your PC & MAC from viruses, malware and also block websites that may install malware on your device.
Its unwanted app detection feature always looks out for apps that might be trying to install themselves on your PC.
- Supports Windows as well as Linux (Mac and Android too)
- Configuring the management dashboard is easy
- You can see all the devices protected by Sophos on the dashboard
- Instead of deleting the threat, malware, or virus automatically, it uses its Virus alert feature, which displays an alert for the next action.
- Clean User Interface
- Robust remote monitoring and management
Verdict: It is highly suitable for home users since it is straightforward to use with top-notch features.
Comodo, which was formed with a motto of “Creating trust online,” has rightly stood by its values and provides its users robust protection from malware.
Comodo allows you to schedule the scan, so you don’t get interrupted during work.
- It has a quarantine that stores potentially infected files during a folder that other programs cannot access
- The sandbox technology creates a virtual environment for the program, thereby keeping your PC safe from viruses and Trojans
- It has real-time scanning
- ‘Heuristics Engine’ allows you to detect previously unknown viruses
- It also can scan removable devices like USB drives, CDs, DVDs, and even cell phones
- Its smart detection of user’s browsing behavior notably reduces the number of notifications over a period
Verdict: If you would like a feature-packed browser for home usage, Comodo is indeed the proper browser for you.
Panda, a subsidiary of Panda technologies, is a great antivirus software which virus protection, malware detection, anti-phishing, and much more to protect our PCs from different threats.
One of the prominent features of Panda Antivirus is that it collects threat detection techniques from other users that have the program already installed, which grants the user protection against new and upcoming threats.
- It is one of the lightest antivirus solutions available
- Automatic updates
- URL and web monitoring
- Automatic USB protection
- Excellent malware protection
11. Windows Defender
Microsoft Defender Antivirus is an anti-malware component of Microsoft Windows. It was first released as a downloadable free anti-spyware program for Windows XP and was later shipped with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11.
The above-listed FREE antivirus, malware protection software should assist you with the essential protection. However, if you would like more, then you ought to consider going for premium antivirus.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.