Best Battery Saver App For Android
In this digital world, the smartphone has become part of our lives. We can’t hope to run our lives without him. And in case you are addicted to your smartphone, it is almost impossible to live without it. However, the batteries in these phones don’t last forever, as you know.
That can be a huge problem sometimes, if not all the time. I am here today to help you with it. In this article, I will share with you the 7 best battery saver apps for Android with ratings. They will also know every little detail about them. So, without wasting any more time, let’s move on. Keep reading.
Do Android battery saver apps work?
In short, yes, battery saver apps work, and they help extend battery life by 10% to 20%. Most battery-saver apps shut down the background process and help regulate which apps can run in the background. These apps also turn off Bluetooth, lower the brightness, and make other adjustments that help extend battery life, marginally at least.
7 Best Battery App for Android
Below is the list of the 7 best battery saving app for android. Keep reading to know more.
1. Battery Doctor
The first battery saver app that I am going to talk about in this article is the Battery Doctor. Developed by Cheetah Mobile, this is one of those apps that is rich in features. The application is offered free of charge by the developers.
Some of the most useful features of this app are different profiles including power saving, power saving, and battery monitoring. The application allows you to define and program these profiles on your own.
With the help of this application, you can check the battery level status of your phone with ease. Also, you can track specific applications as well as functions that are draining your mobile battery. Not only that, you can customize quite a few battery drain settings like Wi-Fi, brightness, mobile data, Bluetooth, GPS, and many more.
The app comes in multiple languages, more than 28 languages to be precise. Plus, you can optimize battery power with a single tap.
- Ability to optimize battery life based on the type of your application
- Customize specific settings
- Simple and easy-to-use user interface (UI)
- Supports more than 28 languages
- The application is quite heavy, especially when compared to other applications.
- The application becomes slow whenever animations are running
- You will need many system permissions
2. GSam Battery Monitor
The next battery saver app you can consider is the GSam battery saver. However, the app is not going to do anything to save your phone’s battery life on its own. Instead, what it will do is provide you with specific details about battery usage. Also, it will help you identify the particular apps that drain your battery life the most. With this newly found information, you can easily take preventive measures and increase the battery life of your smartphone.
Some of the user data it shows are waking time, waking locks, CPU and sensor data, and many more. Not only that, but you can also view usage statistics, past usage, search time estimate of current battery status, and time intervals.
The app doesn’t work as well on the latest versions of Android. However, to make up for it, it comes with a root companion that you can use to learn more.
- Data to show which applications drain your smartphone’s battery the most
- It gives you access to a lot of information, helping you make an informed decision
- Graphs to help visualize battery usage
- You just monitor the apps and have no control over them at all
- The user interface (UI) is complicated and takes some getting used to
- The optimized model is not available in the free version
The next battery saver app I’m going to talk about is Greenify. The application is offered free of charge by its developers. What it does is put all the applications that drain the smartphone’s battery into hibernation mode. This, in turn, does not allow them to access any bandwidth or resources. Not only that, they can’t even run background processes. However, the genius of this app is that after they have hibernated they can still use them.
So it is your choice when you want to use all the apps and when you want to put them to sleep. The most important ones like email, messenger and alarm clock, any other application that gives you essential information can keep you going as usual.
- Doesn’t require a lot of phone resources i.e CPU / RAM
- You can modify the setting according to each different application
- You don’t need to give any personal information at all
- Compatible with Android and iOS operating systems
- Sometimes it’s hard to figure out which apps need hibernation the most
- Managing the application is a bit difficult and requires time and effort
- In the free version, the application is not compatible with system applications
4. Avast Battery Saver
The Avast Battery Saver is an excellent application to manage energy consumption, as well as to eliminate unnecessary tasks. The application is rich in features, which add to its benefits. The two most useful features of the application are the “task killer” and the five power consumption profiles. The five profiles that you can configure are home, work, night, smart and emergency mode. Features such as the application viewer and notifications are also available within the profile.
The application comes with a single master switch. With the help of this switch, you can turn the battery saver app on or off with the touch of a finger. Integrated smart technology analyzes how much of your battery life is left and tells you more or less the same, making sure you know what actions to take.
- Optimize your phone according to the need of the time and according to your backup battery
- The user interface (UI) is as simple as it is easy to use. Even a non-technical beginner can get hold of it in minutes
- You can configure profiles by optimizing the battery as well as based on battery life, location, and time.
- There is an application consumption tool that detects the applications that consume the most battery and deactivates them permanently
- Not all features are available in the free version
- The free version also consists of ads
- You will need many system permissions to use the application
In case you’re looking for a root-only battery saver app, Servicely is just what you need. The application stops all services that continue to run in the background, thus prolonging the battery power. Furthermore, you can also prevent malicious apps from damaging your phone. And not only that but the app also prevents them from syncing every time. This feature is especially useful in case you want to have a particular app on your phone, but don’t want it to sync. The app is also compatible with wake lock detector apps. You can customize the application extensively and there are many functions to make it work well. However, you may experience a delay in notifications.
- Stops background services, prolonging battery power
- Stop malicious apps from damaging your phone
- It also doesn’t let these apps sync
- Highly customizable with tons of features
- Notification delay experiences
Another battery saver app that you should consider is AccuBattery. It comes in both a free and paid version. In the free version, you will get features like monitoring the health of your phone’s battery. Also, the application increases battery life, thanks to features such as the charging alarm and battery drain. You can check the battery capacity of your smartphone in real-time with the help of the Accu-check battery tool. The function allows you to view both the charging time and the remaining usage time.
When you get to the PRO version, you can get rid of the ads that are usually annoying in the free version. Not only that, but you will also have access to detailed information in real-time about battery and CPU usage. Other than that, you will also tend to try a lot of new themes.
The app also has a feature that tells you the optimal battery charge level, which is 80 percent depending on the app. At this point, you can unplug the phone from the charging port or wall socket.
- Monitors as well as prolongs battery life
- Detailed information on battery and CPU usage
- Accu-check battery tool checks battery capacity in real-time
- Indicates the optimal battery charge level
- The free version comes with ads
- The user interface is quite complicated and can be challenging to tackle at first
7. Battery Saver
Last but not least, turn your attention to Battery Saver 2019. The application uses multiple settings and system functions to save battery life. What’s more, it also works to extend battery life. On the main screen, you’ll find options like the power save mode switch, battery status, battery-related statistics, runtimes, and switches for various settings.
Besides that, the app also comes with a sleep mode and a custom mode. These modes allow you to disable the radios of the devices. Also, you can configure the settings of your energy use profiles.
Another useful feature is that you can program the energy-saving modes at different times of the day or night, including waking up, sleeping, working, and many other important moments according to your choice.
- Allows you to easily control the apps that drain your battery
- Monitors and disables devices that consume battery power
- Different power-saving modes for different needs
- Free with a simple and easy to use user interface (UI)
- Full-page ads are quite irritating
- Animation delays
Other battery saving methods:
- Uninstall the apps you don’t use
- Lower the screen brightness
- Use WiFi instead of cellular data
- Turn off Bluetooth and GPS when not in use
- Turn off the vibration or haptic feedback
- Don’t use live wallpapers
- Do not play
- Use battery saver modes
This is all the information you need to know about the 7 best free battery saver app for android along with their ranking. I hope the article provided you with tons of value. Now that you are equipped with the necessary knowledge, put it to the best use possible. Save the battery of your Android smartphone and keep using it for more hours.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.