ASUS Laptop Keyboard Not Working
If your Asus laptop keyboard isn’t working, don’t worry! It’s one of the common issues and you’ll easily fix the ASUS laptop keyboard not working issue.
Whether you’re getting the difficulty like keyboard not responding, keyboard not detected by your Windows, or some keys not working, you’ll resolve your issue with the methods during this article.
How do I fix the laptop keyboard not working on Asus?
Here are solutions that have helped people resolve ASUS laptop keyboard not working. You don’t get to try them all; just work your way down until your problem is fixed.
Fix 1: Restart your laptop to fix the keyboard not working
As many technical issues are often solved by restarting, it’s never harmful to restart your laptop to repair the keyboard not working issue on Asus, and it works sort of a charm for several users.
So you’ll just simply restart your laptop and see if your keyboard works.
Fix 2: Troubleshoot the hardware issue
The hardware faculty is probably going to cause the keyboard not working issue on the Asus laptop. you’ll troubleshoot the subsequent hardware:
1. Check the keyboard battery
The battery issue is one of the possible hardware faculties.
1) Shut down your laptop.
2) Remove the battery from your laptop.
3) Wait for few seconds, and connect your laptop with an AC power cord directly.
4) Reboot your laptop and check if your keyboard works.
2. Check the USB connection (USB keyboard)
If you’re using the USB keyboard, check if the USB connection works properly.
You can attempt to unplug and re-plug the keyboard to reconnect. Otherwise, you can plug the keyboard into a different USB port and see if it works.
3. Check the wireless adapter (wireless keyboard)
If you’re employing a wireless keyboard, confirm the wireless connection works properly. Move your keyboard closer to your wireless receiver.
Fix 3: Update your keyboard driver
A missing or outdated driver can cause the matter. If the keyboard issue persists after uninstalling the keyboard driver, you’ll try to update the keyboard driver for your Asus laptop.
There are two ways you’ll update your keyboard driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update the driving force – you’ll update your keyboard driver manually by getting to the official Asus website, and checking out the newest driver for your keyboard. confirm that the driving force is matched together with your Windows OS and your laptop model. this needs time and computer skills.
Automatically update the driving force – If you don’t have time or patience to manually update the driving force, you’ll do this automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the right drivers for it. You don’t get to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t get to risk downloading and installing the incorrect driver, and you don’t get to worry about making mistakes when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the professional version of Driver Easy. But with the professional version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you’ll get full support and a 30-day refund guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click on the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged keyboard device name to automatically download the right version of this driver (you can do that with the FREE version). Then install the driving force in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the right version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the professional version which comes with full support and a 30-day refund guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade once you click Update All.)
4) Restart your laptop, and check if your keyboard works.
Fix 4: Reinstall your keyboard driver
The incorrect or corrupted driver can cause a keyboard issue on your laptop. you’ll reinstall the driving force for your keyboard. you would like to try to do this in Device Manager.
If just some keys pack up, you’ll run devmgmt. msc within the Run box to directly open Device Manager. If none of the keys works, don’t worry, you’ll try the steps below to open it.
1) You’ll open the instrument panel on your computer first.
You can click the beginning button on your desktop, then you ought to see the instrument panel within the list. within the newer Windows 10 versions, the instrument panel could also be far away from the beginning button, but you’ll use Cortana: click Cortana, and say, Device Manager, then you’ll open Device Manager directly.
2) Click view by small icons or view by large icons to look at all instrument panel items.
3) Click Device Manager to open it.
4) Double-click Keyboards to expand it, and right-click on your keyboard, then select Uninstall device.
5) Confirm the uninstallation.
6) After uninstalling, restart your Asus laptop and Windows will reinstall the driver automatically for you. Then check if your keyboard works now.
Fix 5: Modify the keyboard settings
You can attempt to modify the settings for Filter Keys in your laptop to repair the keyboard issue.
1) Right-click the start button at rock bottom left on your desktop, then click Settings (if you’re using Windows 10) or instrument panel (if you’re using Windows 7).
2) Click Ease of Access (or Ease of Access Center).
3) Click Keyboard (if you’re using Windows 10) or Make the keyboard easier to use (if you’re using Windows 7).
4) Disable the Filter Keys function (switch off Filter Keys or uncheck Turn on Filter Keys).
5) Restart your computer and check if your keyboard works on your Asus laptop.
That’s it – the five effective solutions to repair the Asus laptop keyboard not working. If you’ve got any questions, be happy to go away a comment below. If you think that it is helpful, be happy to share it with your family and friends.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and Blogger Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Expert as well as an Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy the free moment with family members and friends.