Fix “API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing
If your Windows computer cannot open the program or file, and you receive the following error: The program can’t start because API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. It can be very frustrating. The API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is included in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. This problem may occur if such software is missing, or if the existing software is missing, incompatible, or corrupted.
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is included with the software, so you can (re) install the software to solve this problem:
How to fix the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error?
Below we have mentioned some methods by which you can fix this error.
Method 1: Install the software via Windows Update
Microsoft has created the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update KB2999226. So you can install it via Windows Update.
- In the start menu, type “update” in the search box. Then click Check for Updates (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7).
2. Click Check for Updates.
3. Windows should automatically check for updates. If you are using Windows 10, Microsoft will automatically install any updates it detects. If you are using Windows 7, click Install Updates.
Restart your computer. Then repeat the above steps one more time until no more updates are available.
Open the same program or file to see if it was successful. If you successfully open the program, that’s great! If the error still occurs, don’t worry. Try something else…
Method 2: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft directly
You can download the software directly from the official Microsoft website. Here’s how.
- Go to the Microsoft download site.
- Click Download.
- Select the system type x64 or x86 (x32) and click Next.
Note: If you are not sure what type of system you are running on Windows, check the following: Type system in the Start menu search box, then click System (Windows 10) or System Information (Windows 7) in the search results. Then a pop-up window will show the system type.
Then you should start downloading the file. When done, double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Open the same program or file to see if it was successful. If you successfully open the program, that’s great! If the error still occurs, don’t worry and go to method 3.
Method 3: Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
So, If you have already redistributable Visual C++ or Visual Studio 2015 on your PC, can try the repairing option to fix the issue.
Follow the steps:
- Go to the Start menu and type “Control” in the search bar, Then click on the control panel.
2. You will see Programs and Features under the Small icons pane, click on that.
3. Then, Click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, then click on Change.
4. Then Click Repair
Click yes when you are prompted to by User Account Control and continue to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair.
Method 4: Fix the DLL issue easily with DLL.files.com (Free)
Most of the person has had a pop-up message saying “Cannot find ****.dll…” “****.dll is missing”. Well, your problem is over. If you find that some DLL files are missing, you can fix them fairly easily using DLL.file.com (this website is community created) or reinstall those DLL files automatically using the DLL.file application.
Here’s how to do it manually:
- Go to DLL.files.com.
- Copy apimswincrtruntimel110.dll into the search box and click the “Find DLL File” button.
3. Select the DLL file.
4. Then, scroll down the page to download the correct version (select only the latest version).
5. The solution is to properly reinstall apimswincrtruntimel110.dll on your computer.
6. If you do not know how to install the DLL file, simply follow the installation guide included in the FAQ.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Gizmo Concept and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.