The South Korean tech giant LG has started releasing the Android 10 update to its LG V50 ThinQ phone in the US. Back in January, the company released the Android 10 roll-out schedule for the device and in February the update arrived in Europe.
The update on LG V50 ThinQ comes with software version G450VM20c and includes April 2020 security patch level. Verizon Wireless released the full changelog for the device which highlights some of the main features.
LG V50 ThinQ Android 10 Full Changelog
- Apps can be scaled to a different size. In the Overview screen, tap an app icon to show options from which you can select a Pop-up window.
- Changes the LG app screens to a dark theme. You can view the screens even in the dark with no glare.
- The option of navigating the phone with gestures only is added.
- Lower the screen for use in one hand by swiping in from the left/right edge of the screen and holding.
- Auto mode has been separated into Photo and Video modes. In Video mode, you can see a preview of the scene before recording.
Switch camera button
- The button has been moved from the top of the screen to the bottom to make it within a thumb’s reach on one hand.
- Drag the angle icon to interactively control angle and zoom with one hand.
- Changes from a mode to an option in the Video mode.Gallery
Search suggestions and categorizations
- The search screen shows search suggestions and categorizations such as when, where, and how the photos and videos in your Gallery were taken.Call & Messaging
- Buttons have been rearranged.
- You can make a video call to the same number when the voice call ends.
Attach in Messaging
- Attachments preview show files horizontally.
Share via Messaging
- When you share a file via Messaging from other apps such as Gallery, you can select an existing conversation to share instead of having to enter the recipient every time.Settings
- Changes have been added to first-depth menus due to “Privacy” and “Digital Wellbeing & parental controls”, and “Location” has been moved up to the 1st depth from under “Lock screen & Security.”
Wi-Fi settings, Bluetooth settings
- Step-by-step tutorials have been removed as the technologies are now familiar enough to users.
- Screen sharing and File sharing, which were located on the bottom of the panel, has now been changed to regular Quick setting icons. Screen recording has been added.
- You can adjust the media volume on an app-by-app basis.LG KeyboardDraw Chat
- Draw and send a quick animated message. Find Draw Chat from the Smart toolbar in LG keyboard.