Back in May, Asus took the advantage of the Zenfone 6 launch event in Valencia, Spain, to officially showcase the ZenUI 6 interface. It brings several changes to ZenUI including a cleaner design, looking closer to what they call “Pure Android”. Now, the Android 10-based ZenUI 6 update is rolling out for the Zenfone 5Z smartphone. It’s a beta update and also brings the October security patch.
With the release of Android 10 in October, several companies including Nokia, OnePlus, etc have started working to deliver Android 10 to their phones. Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL have also got the latest update.
Now, Asus also started releasing the update to its last year flagship Zenfone 5Z phone and also adds the new ZenUI 6 interface in the update. The update that can be identified by version number 100.04.44.67 is for testing purposes only and may contain bugs. So make sure that you install this Android 10-based ZenUI 6 update only if you’re a developer.
Unfortunately, there is no set date yet for the release of a stable version of the Android 10 for Zenfone 5Z, and we also don’t know when it will be Zenfone 5’s turn, so we’ll have to wait a little longer for news.
Asus Zenfone 5Z Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch screen with Full HD+ resolution
- Processor and GPU: Snapdragon 845 octa-core chipset and Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 4/6/8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 64/128/256 GB internal storage
- Rear Cameras: Two main cameras 12 MP (wide angle) + 12 MP (telephoto) with f / 1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera (f / 2.0)
- Battery: 3,300 mAh battery
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0