An Audit Of Ear, Nose & Throat Diseases- Best In 2022

Audit Of Ear, Nose & Throat Diseases

The ear, nose, and throat are related to each other anatomically. An ENT specialist also referred to as an otolaryngologist, audits diseases related to the ear, nose, and throat. All three parts of the body are vital and have essential roles to play to complete bodily functions.

According to the studies conducted by different government organizations, children below the age of 15 years are more prone to ear, nose, and throat diseases. ENT diseases mainly occur at an early age of 2-15 years or later in age, i.e., after 45 years. Consulting an ENT specialist for a thorough diagnosis to get appropriate treatment in the initial stage of the disease is always a better option for avoiding any health complications.  There are different types of ENT diseases:

Read More: How To Make A Focus Keyword In Yoast SEO Plugin Best In 2022

Common Ear Diseases

Ear diseases like otitis media, perforation in the eardrum, tinnitus, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV), ear injury due to trauma, or labyrinthitis may affect the productivity of one’s life and could result in hearing loss. In addition, it is stated that children are more prone to acute and recurrent ear infections that need medical assistance to cure them permanently.

Common Nose Diseases

As stated in PubMed, ‘ almost 80% of the population have deviated nasal septum, and the rest 20% may have a straight nose.’ However, diseases like sinus infection and breathing difficulty can also result from nose disorder that requires immediate attention. Therefore, get suitable treatment to cure the condition on time rather than delaying the disease. Delay treatment could worsen the symptoms and lead to health risks. In addition, there are nose diseases like a perforation in the septum, allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, etc.

Common Throat Diseases

According to Researchgate, on average, 50 per 1000 patients consult their ENT specialists with a sore or strep throat in India. Tonsillitis is one of the widespread throat diseases among children below 12 years. This is also stated in the study that people suffering from tonsillitis miss work and school days due to bad health which leads to economic burden. There are other diseases as well, like voice disorders and dysphagia, that is related to the throat and could affect the normal functioning of the throat.

Symptoms of ENT diseases

Most ENT diseases/ disorders are caused by some kind of virus or bacteria. The common symptoms of ENT problems highly depend on where the infection is located.

  • Ear infections may cause wax formation, discharge from the ear, earache, hearing loss, and imbalance in the person.

  • Nose infections may cause sneezing and a runny nose. But infections such as sinusitis may result in headaches and nausea.

  • Throat infections often cause sore and scratchy throat and pain while drinking water or swallowing food. In addition, the swollen and infected glands in the throat may often cause constant pain in the throat.

Few tips that may help in preventing ENT diseases

  • Refrain from smoking.

  • Gargle once a week with saltwater.

  • Do not use any foreign object to put in your ear to remove wax.

  • Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before every meal.

  • Take the prescribed medicines for allergies to avoid any complications.

  • Wear a mask when going out.

  • Wear a shower cap while bathing to keep water from entering the ear.

  • Use earplugs while traveling from an airplane to avoid sudden air pressure.

  • Winters are approaching.  Wear warm clothes to avoid colds that may trigger sinus infections.

  • Take steam once a week to avoid nasal congestion while breathing.

People who are into sports like football, lawn tennis, basketball, squash, scuba diving, etc., are also inclined towards getting ENT diseases easily. Health issues such as perforation in the eardrum or a deviated nasal septum are common due to traumas that happen on the field while playing sports. To cure such health abnormalities, the ENT specialist may advise surgical intervention for better results.

According to Pristyn Care&rsquo’s ENT specialist, “ It is always better to go for regular check-ups to avoid any grave effect of ENT diseases that may cause any damage to the normal function. Ear, nose, and throat are correlated to each other and are essential for an individual’s productivity. In addition, the acute stage of diseases can be managed through medication as delaying the treatment could increase the risks of health concerns.’’

Leave a Comment